Will getting new tires and steering gearbox ruin my alignment?

loco1122

I ordered new tires due to my current set being all used and old , multiple years old. My alignment currently is fucked, along with what just occurred by gearbox is leaking. My question is will getting my new tires with the alignment with a leaking gearbox ruin the allignment????
SHOULD i wait , rebuild the gearbox and put the tires and get the allignment??
Or the allignment wont have any correlation to the gearbox leak. It is my daily Please helo

I ordered new tires due to my current set being all used and old , multiple years old. My alignment currently is fucked, along with what just occurred by gearbox is leaking. My question is will getting my new tires with the alignment with a leaking gearbox ruin the allignment????
SHOULD i wait , rebuild the gearbox and put the tires and get the allignment??
Or the allignment wont have any correlation to the gearbox leak. It is my daily Please helo

Aligning a tj is super super super easy to do yourself (they are only 2 asjustments and you do it with a couple tape measures). The leaking gearbox doesn’t change the alignment and really only affect your power steering abilities. Make sure you power steering resoivor isn’t low on fluid and get to that when you can - just don’t let the fluid get too low and keep an eye on it. After new tires all you have to do to correct the alignment is lengthen or shorten the tie rod. That’s super easy and you do it with a wrench. I’ll post the link below to the how-to on aligning your Jeep! Nothing to be scared of bro, you can daily your Jeep even if the alignment is off - it just might not return the wheel to straight as easy as a correct alignment would. Don’t stress! You’re not in danger unless your power steering fluid is fully draining out while dirving (then you have manual steering lol welcome to the 60s)

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
X2 to the above. Doing an alignment on a TJ is something you can do yourself with ease. It's not even hard at all.

Here's the link on how to align your Jeep:

How to align your Jeep Wrangler TJ

If you have mechanical skills, you should never pay someone to align your Jeep considering how easy it is.

I would say the gearbox is the priority. And do the alignment before buying tires, or the you'll wreck the tires. About the "an alignment is easy". if you are asking these questions, I'd recommend going to a tire shop. Maybe the one who mounts and balances the new tires.

the alignment is included with the installation of the tires so thats the only reason I paid for this service as I do not have a tire machine. Thank you so much for your support everyone thank you I fucking would be lost