Will I be disappointed with Currie Antirock for on-road driving?

@JMT

like a bunch of children, it's hilarious, and your observation has dredged up quite a memory in that regard, which I shall now post photos of in the off-topic forum.

• Haha
Reactions: JMT
That's a lot. Are you sure? How much travel do your shocks have?
I was just trying to be conservative...it was a single flex point test on my forklift/tractor which would exacerbate any added restriction to the front flex...I would think that getting crossed up in a rut or rock garden you won’t see much difference...Currie is PROVEN for decades so no quibbles there I just wanted something different and also to have a tighter driving experience on road since I am used to driving 911s 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT
I was just trying to be conservative...it was a single flex point test on my forklift/tractor which would exacerbate any added restriction to the front flex...I would think that getting crossed up in a rut or rock garden you won’t see much difference...Currie is PROVEN for decades so no quibbles there I just wanted something different and also to have a tighter driving experience on road since I am used to driving 911s 😉
Wear a thong, that will tighten up the driving experience. 😉

Looking forward to the longer term review. I have an anti rock as well.
Just remembered this thread recently.
Figured I should follow up.

I just got back from a long road trip with a heavily loaded roof rack (3 heavy canoes and a few cargo boxes), 4 adult passengers, and a bunch of crap on the back and strewn everywhere. Even with all that load, the body roll was very minimal even on tight turns and very potholed roads. I would even say that the body roll was significantly less than the Antirock with no load in or on top whatsoever, even at it's tightest setting. I have the Swaloc at the 2nd loosest setting, and always leave it locked unless I need the flex.

For on-road (paved or dirt) use, I absolutely recommend it, especially if you're like me and carry a lot of crap sometimes. It really gives a planted feel that the Antirock did not.

In addition to the Swayloc, I am also running airbags in all four coil springs plumbed independently, so that may have also reduced body roll more than the Swayloc alone. But it seems like the sway bar provides the vast majority of the body roll control. Even when the bags are at zero PSI, the roll is minimal, though I would bottom out like crazy when loaded with no airbags.

That said, I don't do rock crawling at the moment, and have only rarely unlocked it. So I probably couldn't verify that it feels exactly like the Antirock off-road, because I don't have enough time with both the Antirock and unlocked Swayloc to compare.

Last edited: