Will I be disappointed with Currie Antirock for on-road driving?

I see shocks as bandaid for lack of roll stiffness. Shocks can only slow down body roll, but not reduce body roll. I could see shocks having an affect on lane changes, but any sustained turning or off camber, shocks will settle in the same place.
You need to get out more. The DSC reservoirs from Fox have high and slow speed adjusters and the slow speed version will kill body roll with a quickness. I've test driven many of the rigs I've built with them in a very spirited manner and if you have any doubts as to what spirited is, ask Jerry, I've taken him on more than a few test drives. They corner very flat and these are lifted rigs on big tires.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
You need to get out more. The DSC reservoirs from Fox have high and slow speed adjusters and the slow speed version will kill body roll with a quickness. I've test driven many of the rigs I've built with them in a very spirited manner and if you have any doubts as to what spirited is, ask Jerry, I've taken him on more than a few test drives. They corner very flat and these are lifted rigs on big tires.

With enough money all things are possible.

The context of the conversation was not on expensive shocks. I am not just now learning about high and low speed damping. In the 90s when I was road racing motorcycles I would have loved to have Penske or Ohlins triple adjustables, but they were $1800+ and I had 2 bikes. The budget said no and I settled for Fox shocks.

The context of the conversation was not on expensive shocks. I am not just now learning about high and low speed damping. In the 90s when I was road racing motorcycles I would have loved to have Penske or Ohlins triple adjustables, but they were $1800+ and I had 2 bikes. The budget said no and I settled for Fox shocks.
The DSC adjusted shocks are not 1800, not even close.

Know any good sources for the bolt in kind? The bolt in CD reservoirs I can only find for $390 a corner. DSC would be even better but I haven’t seen any that don’t require new shock towers
So far all we have been able to mess with is them on coil overs. I'm tempted to have a set built on a set of 11's and 12's straight across swappable to see how they are. I already know how they are, just trying to see if they are a viable shock only option. I think the biggest issue is they need to be run with 7/8" shafts for the higher fluid displacement.

Concerning "Shocks can only slow down body roll, but not reduce body roll",
I have a set of Edelbrock IAS shocks (Inertia Activated Shocks) on my Silverado that have a small flexible disk that won't flex open to allow fluid through them until there's enough force to do so. This was supposedly designed to help stop body roll. They'll open only when you drive over something that crosses that threshold.
valve_open_closed.gif

I've seen shocks that are used in NASCAR racing that are able to change the disks depending on the tracks needs. Rougher track may use stiffer or multiple disks.

Last edited:
Concerning "Shocks can only slow down body roll, but not reduce body roll",
I have a set of Edelbrock IAS shocks (Inertia Activated Shocks) on my Silverado that have a small flexible disk that won't flex open to allow fluid through them until there's enough force to do so. This was supposedly designed to help stop body roll. They'll open only when you drive over something that crosses that threshold.
View attachment 136330
I've seen shocks that are used in NASCAR racing that are able to change the disks depending on the tracks needs. Rougher track may use stiffer or multiple disks.

Rough tracks use softer valving. Smooth tracks use stiff valving. Spring rates go the same direction. Does anyone make IAS shocks anymore?

After reading all the comments and doing some research and knowing my jeep never leaves the pavement I'm pretty certain I'll be going with the manual Swayloc system.

I'm still having difficulty understanding why there is any need for a SwayLoc or a Currie Anti-Rock on a jeep that never leaves pavement.

After reading all the comments and doing some research and knowing my jeep never leaves the pavement I'm pretty certain I'll be going with the manual Swayloc system.
Based on that I don't understand why you would spend any $$$ at all to replace the factory antiswaybar.

So far all we have been able to mess with is them on coil overs. I'm tempted to have a set built on a set of 11's and 12's straight across swappable to see how they are. I already know how they are, just trying to see if they are a viable shock only option. I think the biggest issue is they need to be run with 7/8" shafts for the higher fluid displacement.

I've been looking more into doing that. My understanding is that the DSCs only harshen valving that already exists on the piston so making the swap you must valve the piston softer first (unless of course you only want harsher).