Will I be disappointed with Currie Antirock for on-road driving?

Bot

I dont have experience riding in a antirock tj. But here's my 2 cents.

On my way home from work today. Im Doing 50mph, and a guy in a truck pulls in front me from the right cross ways. If i had not have swerved hard left into the opposing lane i would have t boned him with my engine going through his passenger compartment.

So I swerve, and guess what? The entire front end remained rock solid, while the rear end swayed a bit on the rebound and correction back into the proper lane . ..... thank jesus there were no incoming vehicles or I would have chose to t bone the truck.

I have a properly executed 3 inch lift on 255/85r16 toyo mt tires TJR. All quality components used with?

bilstein shocks.... and jks discos.

I'm gonna stick with the engineer's design... 🍔 just a little taller.🍕🍟🥓

Devils advocate.... if you've never driven a Jeep with an antirock... how do you know things would have ended any differently?

Bot

On my way home from work today. Im Doing 50mph, and a guy in a truck pulls in front me from the right cross ways. If i had not have swerved hard left into the opposing lane i would have t boned him with my engine going through his passenger compartment.

So I swerve, and guess what? The entire front end remained rock solid, while the rear end swayed a bit on the rebound and correction back into the proper lane . ..... thank jesus there were no incoming vehicles or I would have chose to t bone the truck.

I have a properly executed 3 inch lift on 255/85r16 toyo mt tires TJR. All quality components used with?

I’d love to give you to chance to drive mine if you’re ever in Oregon :) I love not picking up the front left tire on a hard turn unlike the stock trackbar

I had 0 body roll in the front end, it was completely stable in the front at 50mph during xtreme flavored evasive manuever doritos, 🤙brah... my tires were squealing from moving sideways... that's about as bad as you can get in terms of a serious dodge. I feel like I should have seen my life flash before my eyes kind of thing. Opposing traffic was only 50 yards off.

Anyway, if I had any sway in the front end at that speed, it would have been sketchy staying on the road correcting right after a very hard left.

I also applaud bilstein shocks, they are very rapid responders. Snap right back to center like 👊 pow!

See my above picture. Nothing hits. I'm not going to call it ideal and I have a rear AR on the shelf ready to go on just haven't had the time to do so yet.

I'm not saying the midarm is the configuration that necessitates the rear AntiRock. He said i didn't "need" one either when he built my LJ.

Reactions: toximus
It's hard to understand the problem a small percentage of people have with the Antirock. Maybe soft shocks, maybe they're too used to driving their stiff handling small sports cars, I dunno. All I know is my Antirock is set to its softest setting and my Rancho RS9000x shocks are set on their '1' setting which is the softest and my TJ is always being driven on tight twisty roads while towing my pop-up tent trailer and it's a non-issue. I keep up with traffic without problem with no traffic stacked up behind me trying to pass, though I do pull over to let those obviously wanting to pass do so.

It's just so hard to understand, it really doesn't make sense to me unless people are just unwilling to drive their Jeeps like a Jeep and want it to handle like a sports car.

Reactions: Bird and ranger101
It's hard to understand the problem a small percentage of people have with the Antirock. Maybe soft shocks, maybe they're too used to driving their stiff handling small sports cars, I dunno. All I know is my Antirock is set to its softest setting and my Rancho RS9000x shocks are set on their '1' setting which is the softest and my TJ is always being driven on tight twisty roads while towing my pop-up tent trailer and it's a non-issue. I keep up with traffic without problem with no traffic stacked up behind me trying to pass, though I do pull over to let those obviously wanting to pass do so.

It's just so hard to understand, it really doesn't make sense to me unless people are just unwilling to drive their Jeeps like a Jeep and want it to handle like a sports car.

Trust me Jerry, it's you and me both.

For the life of me, I just don't get it. I've had two TJs so far, both with the Antirock on the middle setting, and never once did I feel like the extra body roll was anything substantial. It didn't bother me one bit, not even in the slightest. For one, I'm not taking high speed corners in my TJ :ROFLMAO:

I mean it's not like the TJ has sports car handling in the first place :rolleyes:

Oh well, you can't win em' all.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
When I installed my AR, I noticed much more body roll. Just took a little time to get used to and now it’s an after thought. I’m sure if I drove a stock TJ now I’d say it’s too stiff lol

Reactions: Chris
When I installed my AR, I noticed much more body roll. Just took a little time to get used to and now it’s an after thought. I’m sure if I drove a stock TJ now I’d say it’s too stiff lol
It could just be from your shocks too. Even though my Ranchos are set to their least firm setting they're still not a cushy soft shock by any stretch of the imagination.

If you have over 3" of lift and short control arms, you are well aware of the way the Jeep wants to lift a front tire on hard lefts.
Heres one of my favourite drives...
go to 1:00 to see the Cortina lifting the front inside tire.
you can't have more fun than racing Lotus Cortinas.
the best sell for $100K today

Last edited:
Reactions: DrDmoney
Bot

I installed an AntiRock Thursday was running without a sway bar for about a month. Yesterday I was on I-20 going about 70+ leaving Dallas when the vehicle in front of me slammed on their brakes to a dead stop because of the rain, I hit my brakes and swerved HARD to avoid killing the kids in their backseat that I could see like in some weird slow motion cinematic horror movie. I shot into the torn up ditch/median heading almost straight towards the concrete barrier, corrected and came right back out of the median onto the hwy.

I'm a firm believer in the AntiRock now and trust it, having just dealt with my nightmare scenario when I didnt have a front sway bar. I also know that my shocks can handle offroading at 50-60mph lol. I passed about 4 accidents on my way back to Louisiana yesterday that didn't fair as well as me because people think its OK to slam on their brakes and grind to a halt on the hwy because they lose some visibility.

Anyways, thought I would share on here because I already told everyone in my life who would listen and the timing of this post is extremely coincidental.

I guess we all have various expectations.
My first thought was actually a better ride with Antirock on softest setting......leaving it there.

Reactions: Chris
I guess we all have various expectations.
My first thought was actually a better ride with Antirock on softest setting......leaving it there.

The "better ride" is the same thing that allows for more body roll. It's the same reason driving down a rough washboard road is more comfortable with a disconnected factory sway bar.

Leaving the AR on the loosest setting is not necessarily the optimal setting if you want to get the most performance out of your tunable antisway bar.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Love the way mine handles with the AR in the front and stock in the rear. Handles the corners fine and flexes great on the trails while on the middle setting, but do go stiffer when loaded with camping gear as I'm a bit top heavy

Love the way mine handles with the AR in the front and stock in the rear. Handles the corners fine and flexes great on the trails while on the middle setting, but do go stiffer when loaded with camping gear as I'm a bit top heavy

2nd that. The only complaint I'd have is if my roof rack is loaded or I'm loaded with passengers it leans heavily on the corners. (Naturally) I'm not loaded high weight very often so it's usually not an issue.

Leaving the AR on the loosest setting is not necessarily the optimal setting if you want to get the most performance out of your tunable antisway bar.

It is indeed the optimal setting for me.....more articulation equates to offroad performance.
Not sure why anyone would replace factory sway bar and disconnects with the AR then treat the AR like factory sway bar and disconnects. Lol

Last edited: