Will JL Rubicon springs fit a 2003 TJR?

Tjrubicon

Something clever
Supporting Member
A friend of mine is about to add a lift to his JL Rubicon and I’m wondering if his stock springs will fit my TJ. Has anyone put the springs from a JLR on a TJR ? How much lift does it give you?

JK springs fit, but with mixed results. The consensus being that it's not worth it.

I suspect JL springs are no different in that regard.

JK springs fit, but with mixed results. The consensus being that it's not worth it.

I suspect JL springs are no different in that regard.
Thanks Chris. I was hoping this would be a cheap option to piece together a new lift. Oh well. I’ll just keep saving for the Currie lift.

Reactions: Chris
May do that. I’m gonna measure them once there out and see how much of a lift I could expect but I’m wanting 3.5-4” of lift.

Measuring the free lengths won't tell you much other than the free lengths. Since you don't know the JL spring rates or your Jeep's sprung weights (assuming), you can't know anything about the ride heights until you try it out.

Several have asked. To my knowledge, we don't know what actually happens. Early on, I read that the JL springs are unique to each corner, including the physical fit.

Find out what happens and let us know.

Reactions: Daryl