Will my Rubicon locker actuate if the sensor is bad?

DesertLJ

2006 LJ rubicon, New to me)
History: My rear locker flashes. It does not "Lock", have tested it off road,, drove in s turns,, blah blah.I've checked the pump, and air line at the Differential, 5-7psi, all good there. I've pulled the diff cover, to ensure no leaks in the air line there. I've checked the relay under hood, good. I've multimeter both sensors(the ones that screws into the Differential, that have a mushroom plunger). I'm not getting a reading at the rear. SO MY Question. I thought the locker would infact operate even if the sensor is bad, is that incorrect? My thinking is if the bladder is getting air, should engage? Also, PO re-geared to 488 thick set. It's possible the plunger was shoved in, after the carrier was put in, and they did not use the "tooth pick" method, keeping the plunger extended, so it's on the correct side. And insight, would be fantastic, thanks

It will lock the rear axle. Place the rig on a set of jackstands, open the diff cover and have a friend engage the rear locker. Watch for the air bladder to push the locking ring towards the carrier. Just because you have air to the line, doesn't rule out a bad air bladder or chewed gears.

It's entirely possible the locker sensor plunger is not correctly positioned and is not allowing the locker actuator to fully expand to completely lock the locker. That happened to me after regearing my rear axle, it was hung up in the partially locked position. Personally I'd just remove the locker sensors, it's not really needed since it's not difficult to know when the locker is locked vs. unlocked.

I bypassed all the the OE Rubicon locker wiring and replaced it with my own with two SPST (on-off) switches to control them. Wiring the locker compressor to control it was as difficult as wiring a light bulb and switch circuit... very easy.

These are the locker switches I am using.

Locker Switches 2.JPG

It's entirely possible the locker sensor plunger is not correctly positioned and is not allowing the locker actuator to fully expand to completely lock the locker. That happened to me after regearing my rear axle, it was hung up in the partially locked position. Personally I'd just remove the locker sensors, it's not really needed since it's not difficult to know when the locker is locked vs. unlocked.

I bypassed all the the OE Rubicon locker wiring and replaced it with my own with two SPST (on-off) switches to control them. Wiring the locker compressor to control it was as difficult as wiring a light bulb and switch circuit... very easy.

These are the locker switches I am using.

View attachment 332583
Jerry, you have an axle lock still there as a black rocker switch, and the two that look added Front Rear, assuming those are what your talking about?

Jerry, you have an axle lock still there as a black rocker switch, and the two that look added Front Rear, assuming those are what your talking about?
Yes, though the black OE factory locker switch is no longer connected or part of the circuit.