Will Pennzoil Synchromesh Fluid Work Well For My NSG370?

Slaverson

Changing the clutch on my NSG370 and drained my trans fluid obviously but forgot to order more Redline MTL. I don't have anywhere that sells Redline, Royal Purple, or Amsoil Synchro. The only option I have right now is the Pennzoil Synchromesh Fluid at Autozone.

Would that be a decent option? I haven't heard it recommended anywhere but it's the only choice I have at the moment.

Thanks

https://www.autozone.com/motor-oil-...gOlRgwRvymKytdjwAnhoC6ksQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

There aren't a lot of good reports on Pennzoil Synchromesh, especially since it's a conventional gear lube which doesn't work as well in cold weather like you get there in Utah. I'd order it on Amazon, there's a good chance the MTL (a synthetic) will arrive tomorrow.

@Slaverson If you can find a 75W-80 GL-5 synthetic gear lube that specifically says "Safe for yellow metals" or similar on the back label that would be ok to use. If it doesn't say safe for yellow metals it's not suitable for a transmission. Yellow metals means the brass and similar metals used for the synchronizers used inside a manual transmissions.