Will these Rancho RS5000X shocks work with the stock suspension?

Roadrash74

TJ Enthusiast
I saw somewhere on this forum that thr RS5000X shocks are a pretty good deal, hahaha. Sometime in the future I will be adding 2" BDS springs all around and a .75 inch spacer up front to level. It looks like due to Ranchos running long, the 55128 and 55240 are ideal for this setup. My question is, would these "stock replacement" shocks work with stock suspension or will the "running long" be an issue?

Those are the model numbers to go with, the next height up would be too tall for your 2.75" total suspension height. Those particular RS5000x shocks will be a great upgrade, I used to run them myself and loved their onroad ride and offroad control.

Reactions: Big-Al
Those are the model numbers to go with, the next height up would be too tall for your 2.75" total suspension height. Those particular RS5000x shocks will be a great upgrade, I used to run them myself and loved their onroad ride and offroad control.
Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify though, they will work with the stock height suspension until I put in the lift right?

Kinda generally question to piggy back on this since it seems OP's question was answered. I'm doing 3" springs soon. I was under the impression I needed to cycle my suspension and measure to get the proper shock lengths. Sounds like you're saying I can just order for the amount of lift I have? If so, is that just because the relatively low lift? Or am I just confusing this with bump stop lengths?

When those are the shortest shocks for the applications then you are pretty much guaranteed they will fit for the stock height. And knowing they run a bit long makes them good for a small lift too.
If you are looking at other brands then you might want to cycle to find the ideal shock length. But with so many of us running Ranchos the math has been confirmed repeatedly.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
I'm looking at rancho 9000x adjustables to replace the worn out same ones that are on there now. I got them with my budget boost forever ago though and I'm doing 3" springs now. Thanks!