TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
IMG_3710.JPG
IMG_0019.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG
IMG_0030.JPG
IMG_3710.JPG
Im planning on buying these bfg ko2 tires and putting them on these aftermarket rims (which will be painted), that are 8 inches wide. These rims were on a 88 jeep Cherokee that has the same bolt pattern as my tj. Will this work on my jeep? I have a 2000 tj sport with about a 2.5 inch lift. I hear people talk about backspacing and these rims seem deeper than the stock rims. The reason I need to switch is there are 16 inch rims currently on my jeep and I'm being told I should go back to 15 inch rims. Thanks for your help :)

Look up how to measure back spacing to see what those wheels have. With that tire you need something around 4" or less.

Reactions: Kathy
I think you'll be fine. Most after market jeep wheels have backspacing around 3.75 to 4 inches. stock wheels are 5" - 5.5" of backspacing. The smaller the number in regards to back spacing the further out the wheels will sit from the hub.

Reactions: Kathy
View attachment 17116 View attachment 17117
These 15 inch rims and matte black plasti dip for now. I wanted to find some

these 15 in rims and matte black plasti dip for now. Looking for reasonable rims but don't want to delay getting my tires.

Just get some new tires that will fit your new rims. For instance, if you plan on sticking with 15" rims, then just stick with 15" tires, so you can swap them over.

Reactions: Kathy and StG58