Will these wheels and tires fit?

Will They fit?

• Total voters

gabif

Sorry for the incompetence but I'm very new to the jeep fam. Hopefully someone can help me out here. So I just got my first jeep wrangler its at 2006 Wrangler X. It came with black rims and i'm not a fan so I found someone that is selling the stock rims. My tires are 225/65/17 and his tires were 225/75/17. No sure if it will fit? I have a 1 1/2 in lift. He said his is a 5x5 bolt and I have no clue what my bolt size is. I've watched a couple videos and i'm still confused.

He tires will fit, but the wheels will not fit without wheel adapters, as you have a 5x4.5 bolt pattern.

Reactions: gabif
Unless you have wheel adapters now, his rims will not fit. TJ's are a 5x4.5" bolt pattern, so a 5x5" bolt pattern will only work with adapters.

Pretty unusual for a TJ X to have 17" wheels, although they are definitely aftermarket if they're black, and the previous owner could easily have put on 17s. Did you find out if you are running wheel adapters currently?

Pretty unusual for a TJ X to have 17" wheels, although they are definitely aftermarket if they're black, and the previous owner could easily have put on 17s. Did you find out if you are running wheel adapters currently?
I know that the previous owner put a 1 1/2 in lift and then put the 17s. Not sure how to check if she put 5x5 adapters

IMG_0448.JPG
I have this adapters on my jeep, in the picture I posted, the rusty part is the drum, and the rim is black, but that silver section between them is the spacer/adapter.
Kind of hard to see.

Reactions: JMT
Cool! Welcome to the Jeep family. THe wheel adapter/spacer going from 5x5 bolt patter to a 5x4.5 pattern will definitely make them work! Tires would work too without a problem

Thank you guys! The adapters work and I got newer stock rims on my baby!
Major improvement! Not a fan of black wheels...

You probably know this already, but...be sure to rinse off the under carriage well with fresh water after driving in salt water, as it will really do a number on the metal parts.

Thank you guys! The adapters work and I got newer stock rims on my baby!
You have great taste, great improvement, really dressed your TJ up!

Sorry for the incompetence but I'm very new to the jeep fam. Hopefully someone can help me out here. So I just got my first jeep wrangler its at 2006 Wrangler X. It came with black rims and i'm not a fan so I found someone that is selling the stock rims. My tires are 225/65/17 and his tires were 225/75/17. No sure if it will fit? I have a 1 1/2 in lift. He said his is a 5x5 bolt and I have no clue what my bolt size is. I've watched a couple videos and i'm still confused.

No apologies needed. I'm not a big fan of black rims either and am in the same process you are. Based on your query, his should fit. Here's a link if you want to learn a bit more about bolt patterns...or just something to help you fall asleep. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=92