Will this buff out?

VirtualRussel

TJ Enthusiast
A large eucalyptus tree fell on a TJ (and assorted other cars) the other day in Lafayette, CA (just east of Oakland). I wonder if the frame is still good?

Yellow Jeep.jpeg

And the view from the other side . . .

cct-treefall-0124-04.jpg

Can @Jay and @FF_Jeep account for where they were on the 23rd????? ;-)

Here's the full news article - http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/23/photos-massive-tree-falls-and-crushes-cars-in-bay-area-city/

Seriously though, Eucalyptus trees are a scourge here - They are non-native trees that have *Veeeeery* shallow root systems - totally not suited for the sandy environment with high winds. Pretty much every halfway decent storm that comes through here knocks one or two down and causes a mess.

The one good thing about them coming down, though, is that when they go to cut and grind them up it smells like a giant Halls cough drop when you drive by and actually will clear your sinuses out! It's pretty neat.

Seriously though, Eucalyptus trees are a scourge here - They are non-native trees that have *Veeeeery* shallow root systems - totally not suited for the sandy environment with high winds. Pretty much every halfway decent storm that comes through here knocks one or two down and causes a mess.

The one good thing about them coming down, though, is that when they go to cut and grind them up it smells like a giant Halls cough drop when you drive by and actually will clear your sinuses out! It's pretty neat.
Dang non-native trees. I bet Trump catches wind of this and gets them deported. SAVE THE JEEPS!!!!!

Bah, you're too fancy - with your zip ties and what not... In the country we use bailing wire and duct tape! ;)

I can personally say my jeep would literally have parts falling off if it weren't for zip ties lol. also in Canada bailing wire would just rust and break and zip ties are cheaper [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can personally say my jeep would literally have parts falling off if it weren't for zip ties lol. also in Canada bailing wire would just rust and break and zip ties are cheaper [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's just because you're using Canadian bailing wire... Jeeps require American bailing wire ;)

Reactions: Kyle_W and Chris
I love Canada... but your metric bailing wire confuses the Jeeps
But, yes, there needs to be an anti-mallcrawler alliance! Lol

Reactions: StG58
I'm glad it wasn't mine! We have big Redwood trees here. Usually they stay up but when the soil washes out they do come down, HARD!

View attachment 9909
Yikes! Is that up in Humboldt? Sure looks familiar... like 254 or maybe the 20 from Willits to Ft. Bragg.
I've seen a couple of those come down, and it's *never* a small cleanup!