Will Vanco big brake kit fit with Centramatic balancers?

connor grimes

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I want to upgrade to a big brake kit. Currently running 35’s on 15” AR23’s. I’m running centramatic wheel balancers which I love and would definitely want to keep using them. Looking for input as to whether they can work together

I can’t comment about the 15” but I am running the 16” BBK and the caliper saddle comes out past the rotor and binds with the centramatics. You can run spacers if you want to keep them. I have thought about trying to reshape them with a bead roller but haven’t tried yet. I spoke with centramatic to see if they had any ideas to reshape but they had nothing.

E6F05F1E-5027-4B96-B305-4AA68E1ACE68.jpeg

1CF152DF-AD72-4857-86F0-A614D4177B8D.jpeg

Reactions: connor grimes
I am running Centramatics with the 15/16" Vanco kit. Mine do not have the dimpled offset that the newer ones seem to.

Ooh that's interesting. Would you have the model number of the balancer you are running? And any pics?

No numbers. All I know is that they are flat all the way out to the rolled tube with balancing dust inside.

Wait a second, LOL, I just pulled the wheels off my TJ that I bought last year and it had these on there. I assumed they were some sort of dust cover and deemed them stupid, so I didn't reinstall them.

What exactly do they do? Does it mean I don't have to balance my wheels?

Hmm I’ll have to pull my balancers to see if they are rolled or not , was hoping @mrblaine could speak from experience if he has installed any BBK with the centramatics as well

Wait a second, LOL, I just pulled the wheels off my TJ that I bought last year and it had these on there. I assumed they were some sort of dust cover and deemed them stupid, so I didn't reinstall them.

Put them back on they’re amazing

You still need to balance the wheels. At best, Centramatics will compensate for small imbalances caused by mud, ice, a lost weight. And they create a quiet, but noticable washing sound at low speeds. I'll be switching to a different bolt pattern soon and I doubt I will make any effort to keep Centramatics as part of the wheel assembly.

Reactions: rasband
You still need to balance the wheels. At best, Centramatics will compensate for small imbalances caused by mud, ice, a lost weight. And they create a quiet, but noticable washing sound at low speeds. I'll be switching to a different bolt pattern soon and I doubt I will make any effort to keep Centramatics as part of the wheel assembly.

Looks like they are just external balance beads.

Reactions: jjvw