Will YJ doors fit on a TJ?

egnarfed

Supporting Member
can yj doors fit on a tj? or are the doors too small? I am asking because I am looking into possibly getting a set of half doors for the summer and i have found a set of yj half doors pretty cheap

There is a thread floating around here somewhere about someone adapting YJ half doors to a TJ. The biggest thing you have to change is the TJ uses a clip style latch and the YJ uses a cylinder. I'll try to find the thread and link it here
@Steel City 06 beat me to it :). That's the one

Reactions: Steel City 06
If you decide that's too much work or if you want to keep your latches compatible with your TJ doors, you could check www.car-part.com for TJ half doors in your color. I've been keeping an eye out for a set for myself, but it turns out solar yellow is especially hard to come by.
Thank you. I don’t mind the color so much, but I didn’t even think of that. Thanks for the suggestion

Reactions: Tob
Good grief..local 1990 for sale here including OEM half doors. $3200 for the Jeep. It'll sell quick so did the search in whether the half doors would fit my LJ..

Good grief..local 1990 for sale here including OEM half doors. $3200 for the Jeep. It'll sell quick so did the search in whether the half doors would fit my LJ..
after doing reading, I found that they would... however it is not a direct swap. Many of the parts are different such as the door striker, the inside door handle (would need trimmed due to the newer dash design from the tj which sticks out further than a yj) I eventually just found a set of tj half doors that were a little rough around the edges but ended up working for what I wanted out of them.

tempImageXtxRrm.png

93B6294C-2DC2-441B-9732-A4C2FEDD199B.jpeg

Reactions: Tob and NOTNSUV