Willys LJ 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Willys LJ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I signed the deal on this one on Thursday and picked it up on Friday. '05 Wrangler Unlimited in Patriot Blue. 4.0, 6 speed manual, soft top and pretty much just a stock Unlimited with a few options like the chrome grille. It's had a few small things wrong that I'm working through, nothing major yet. I drove it home Friday 80 miles and it while I kept it at 65 or below, it drove just fine. I've had out in the field behind the house in 4 hi and 4 low and the only problem there is the 4WD indicator light doesn't come on. I'll sort that out when I get around to it.

Other than that, I haven't done much to it as we're still getting a feel for each other. But I'm thinking this is going to be a long term relationship.

LJ at barn.jpg

It's interesting yours is not a Sahara but it has body matched fender flares. I don't remember that being an option unless someone knows something I don't know about the LJ's. Patriot Blue is really growing on me.

Reactions: Willys LJ
It's interesting yours is not a Sahara but it has body matched fender flares. I don't remember that being an option unless someone knows something I don't know about the LJ's. Patriot Blue is really growing on me.

The body color flares are supposed to be standard on the Unlimiteds. My wife wanted me to try to get a red one, but now she's liking the color too.

Reactions: JMT
That looks great.

I see you front plate. My youngest son is in the Navy. Electricians Mate stationed in Norfolk, VA.

Retired Air Force, myself.

I retired a few days over 20 in Norfolk. That was in '97 though. That front plate has been from vehicle to vehicle with me for years now. I just keep taking it off when I sell, and putting it on the next one.

The body color flares are supposed to be standard on the Unlimiteds. My wife wanted me to try to get a red one, but now she's liking the color too.

I thought only the Sahara’s came with painted to match flares too. Maybe they were swapped by a previous owner. Mine came with khaki flares but they weren’t painted. They didn’t match the paint exactly. At first I thought they were just faded. The build sheet listed them as:
K3CS Med. KHAKI SOLID - Fender Flares.

I ended up replacing them with the wider black Rubicon flares. If it would have had the dark khaki soft top still with it, I would have probably left the khaki flares on it.

Welcome aboard (see what I did there) My dad did 24 years Royal Navy based in Plymouth and Portsmouth England.

Love that colour :babeando:... and with that grill welcome to the 'Legions of Chrome club' as well @JeepZilla380 is our leader lol

I retired a few days over 20 in Norfolk. That was in '97 though. That front plate has been from vehicle to vehicle with me for years now. I just keep taking it off when I sell, and putting it on the next one.

Retired Navy also, ATCS retired in 2013. Welcome to the group, I really like the blue, tell your wife that if she still wants a red one she can talk to my wife about a trade :rolleyes:. Oh and my red LJR has black flares and I wouldn't even be able to tell you if they are the extended Rubicon flares or not.

I signed the deal on this one on Thursday and picked it up on Friday. '05 Wrangler Unlimited in Patriot Blue. 4.0, 6 speed manual, soft top and pretty much just a stock Unlimited with a few options like the chrome grille. It's had a few small things wrong that I'm working through, nothing major yet. I drove it home Friday 80 miles and it while I kept it at 65 or below, it drove just fine. I've had out in the field behind the house in 4 hi and 4 low and the only problem there is the 4WD indicator light doesn't come on. I'll sort that out when I get around to it.

Other than that, I haven't done much to it as we're still getting a feel for each other. But I'm thinking this is going to be a long term relationship.

View attachment 60873
Our Jeeps are identical 05 Wrangler Unlimited Patriot Blue all stock Chrome grill

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Retired Navy also, ATCS retired in 2013. Welcome to the group, I really like the blue, tell your wife that if she still wants a red one she can talk to my wife about a trade :rolleyes:. Oh and my red LJR has black flares and I wouldn't even be able to tell you if they are the extended Rubicon flares or not.

If I remember corretly, Rubicon flares (and painted Sahara flares) are about 1 inch wider than the standard flares. 4-1/4 inches vs 3-1/4 inches.

The LJ Premium Package consisted of premium cloth seat fabric, silver center stack and instrument panel bezel, bright grill, and body colored fender flares.

Our Jeeps are identical 05 Wrangler Unlimited Patriot Blue all stock Chrome grill

The LJ Premium Package consisted of premium cloth seat fabric, silver center stack and instrument panel bezel, bright grill, and body colored fender flares.

I'm trying to get a build sheet from Jeep, but I'm 95% sure mine has the LJ Premium Package. All the pieces are there.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
This is where I found my build sheets www.fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/s/. Picture of 2dr JL on home page scroll down to FAQ click, scroll down to vehicle information, click on "how do i get my vehicle equipment list" then select "equipment list" then insert your vin and your build list should pop up. Hope this helps