Winch Line Lock

I believe it was Jerry who said he used a bit of duct tape to place the beginning in line with the drum ( or perpendicular to the winding) then just spooled it on over the taped end. This is how I did mine 5+ years ago andit holds very well, total cost, 5 cents.......

We've been doing that with duct tape for years. Run the tail across the drum, tape it down, overwrap it when spooling in. Has never not worked.

Until the advent of the new drum anchors on Warn winches, the anchor was solely to get just enough tension on the line for the wraps to grip the drum. There were never intended to be loaded more than a few pounds. The taped tail does exactly the same.

I believe it was Jerry who said he used a bit of duct tape to place the beginning in line with the drum ( or perpendicular to the winding) then just spooled it on over the taped end. This is how I did mine 5+ years ago andit holds very well, total cost, 5 cents.......
You're cheap, I use about 12 cents worth of duct tape.

• Haha
Reactions: FireJeep
Just found it interesting that someone came out with something that we've been doing on the cheap for years.