Winch plates, tow hooks, and bumpers

There's a thread floating around where Blaine bashed a Genright or PS aluminum bumper and talked about how they are welded differently or use a different alloy. I really have no interest in any of them but there's good info there for those that are.

Savvy connects to the old sway bar mounting holes. This allows the deck to be larger which adds a lot of strength to the frame by becoming a large gusset. The winch itself can be moved further back on the deck, which looks nice. And the underside of the bumper is braced against the crossmember tube adding a tremendous amount of rigidity to the bumper.

Savvy site seems to imply that the stock sway bar can still be used by putting the winch in the forward position and drilling new holes for the fairlead mount. Can someone confirm? An anti rock is likely in my future but right now my disconnects aren't annoying enough for that to be a priority so I need to run the stock one for a while.

This forum is itself almost as expensive as modding the Jeep. I could spend so much less and remain blissfully ignorant if I could just stop asking questions. 😂😂😂

There's a thread floating around where Blaine bashed a Genright or PS aluminum bumper and talked about how they are welded differently or use a different alloy. I really have no interest in any of them but there's good info there for those that are.

If by bash you mean explain the differences between two different material selections for the same purpose, then yes that has happened. The bends in the GR bumper are a clue that there is a difference. FWiW, I have seen first hand the differences between different materials and alloys used for the same purpose. It doesn't matter until it does.

Savvy site seems to imply that the stock sway bar can still be used by putting the winch in the forward position and drilling new holes for the fairlead mount. Can someone confirm? An anti rock is likely in my future but right now my disconnects aren't annoying enough for that to be a priority so I need to run the stock one for a while.

This forum is itself almost as expensive as modding the Jeep. I could spend so much less and remain blissfully ignorant if I could just stop asking questions. 😂😂😂

I don't recall having seen a stock sway bar on their bumper, but I can't see why it won't fit.