Winch recommendations?

Took my Ramsey winch off to try to trouble shoot it, and it literally broke in two. Unless someone can recommend a better deal than a harbor freight Badlands winch, I guess I'm going to harbor freight tomorrow. šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘

IMG_20200226_160012482.jpg

Do you go hard wheeling all the time ? Maybe wait and save up some money for a better brand than badlands. Iā€™m all for run what you brung and have a shittybuilt I got for $120. Itā€™s pulled me out on 4-5 occasions and I run it once a month no matter.
playing dice šŸŽ² šŸŽ² sucks when your stuck
( mine hasnā€™t broke in half neither)

Reactions: DrDmoney
Iā€™m assuming since youā€™re even considering a winch from HF, money is tight?

A friend of mine has gone through 6 of the Badlands winches in just over a year.

I wouldnā€™t wish one on my worst enemy.

Do you go hard wheeling all the time ? Maybe wait and save up some money for a better brand than badlands. Iā€™m all for run what you brung and have a shittybuilt I got for $120. Itā€™s pulled me out on 4-5 occasions and I run it once a month no matter.
playing dice šŸŽ² šŸŽ² sucks when your stuck
( mine hasnā€™t broke in half either)
At this point , anything is better then what I had ... Clearly.

Reactions: Thunderhead
Iā€™m assuming since youā€™re even considering a winch from HF, money is tight?

A friend of mine has gone through 6 of the Badlands winches in just over a year.

I wouldnā€™t wish one on my worst enemy.

From the reviews I've read , and videos I've seen, they're good for the money. Any other recommendations for a winch? Money isn't right, but money can be dished out elsewhere to the rig.

Reactions: MallCrawlOnTons
For a small fee (and bigger shipping fees), Ramsey will rebuild any of their old winches. Check their website. I'm a big fan of Ramsey.

For a small fee (and bigger shipping fees), Ramsey will rebuild any of their old winches. Check their website. I'm a big fan of Ramsey.

Hard pass. This thing literally disintegrated when I took two of the bolts out. It's well past it's time. I'd rather take my chances with a Badlands winch that's new as apposed to reconditioned one that's over 10 old.

Reactions: Thunderhead
Hard pass. This thing literally disintegrated when I took two of the bolts out. It's well past it's time. I'd rather take my chances with a Badlands winch that's new as apposed to reconditioned one that's over 10 old.
With Ramsey's long history I would expect essentially a new high quality winch back from them. I wouldn't hesitate to choose that route over a brand-new Harbor Freight winch.

Reactions: derekmac and ejay