Winch Rocker Switch

You’re getting some good mileage out of this electrical nightmare! Like you, I can do stereos all day long, but beyond that I only think I know what I’m doing! I think ac_ is getting me worked out though in ^^^ post which I will now study for 30 minutes!

Well, it does entertain me, but I hate for any jeeper to struggle with an upgrade, so I'll quietly troll till you get it sorted.

Don't lose hope we will get through this

I found this it is a little different than I said but I don't know what switch you have but this will probably work for you

r8QiHVV.png

but on the solenoid middle brown wire add another ground wire to somewhere to get around the 5 wire deal.

1 and 3 go to your solenoid as well as 4 and 6 but those get consolidated to one wire hence the 3 The act as the ground
2 is the white wire from your on-off switch and of course 6 is ground then power in for leds and ground for leds. This is going to be your configuration but may not be the exact pins on your switch but it is a good picture of what I am trying to explain.

Reactions: JMT
Rocker Switch Schematic
C349B980-00DA-4B9A-AA14-D4699D4ED75D.jpeg

For simplicity I can wire it straight to the solenoid and just use my 3-Pin connector at the solenoid. I’ll only plug it in when we have to use it. Thoughts on that approach?

OK try this
don't run the red wire from pin 2 to 5
do run it to 2 only
Instead of the red wire put your white wire from your on off switch to pin 5

Now I can't tell what is in and out you may need to try it and if it backwards swap them but make sure you have some slack in the winch cable when testing.

run pin 4 to in or out on solenoid because I don't know based on this schematic. this is a horrible schematic by the way
run pin 6 to in or out or the opposite of the one above
On the solenoid the in and out are the outside pins with ground being in the middle assuming m8000 warn
Then the third wire run from pin 7 to the middle pin on the solenoid but also run a separate ground on the winch on the solenoid same pin

Rocker Switch Schematic
View attachment 28209

For simplicity I can wire it straight to the solenoid and just use my 3-Pin connector at the solenoid. I’ll only plug it in when we have to use it. Thoughts on that approach?
Here is a picture of a switch that is mostly like yours with a lot better schematic. I didn't end up using this obviously but maybe this will give you a better idea of what I am talking about. This is exactly what I am trying to see but maybe a picture will help

IMG-0033.JPG
IMG-0034.JPG

Ok, great. I’ll give it a shot in the morning. Thanks for your patience and perseverance with me!

Reactions: ac_
Ok, all hooked up! Shipped the other one back, bad switch. I’ll post some pics here in a sec. It was easy @bobthetj03. I used the handheld winch controller, cut the wire so it remained insulated. I have a Superwinch, so the three wires are in-out and power. I know that sounds weird, but there is a power line coming to the controller. Placed the insulated wire in a cable protector, went across the front, behind my new body lift mount, in behind the driver fender and up behind the washer fluid down the side and into the cab through the rubber grommet.

I have two switches mounted in teh dash, a Winch Isolator, which is just an on-off switch, a protection. It has power running directly to it from the battery, a ground and a power out. The power out goes to the Winch Rocker Switch, which is an on-off-on switch. It has a ground, an in, an out, and a power wire coming from the Winch Isolator. I had to use a Dremel and a file to cut a hole for the Rocker Switch. The Winch Isolator just replaced one of the stock blanks.
D7490202-9C46-4ECD-9DF1-CEAC8906FB65.jpeg
9CEDE32A-DBFC-4FC2-BD51-B25717A2D5DE.jpeg
051862CB-7E93-456E-B163-014ED464583F.jpeg

Winch will only work when you flip on the isolator. Works seamlessly