Winch Rope

CodaMan

California Escapee
Supporting Member
For anyone looking to replace their wire rope with synthetic rope, I came across this DYNEEMA rope at what looks like a very good price. I know it's not one of the big names, but it is 12 strand braided DYNEEMA rope from the Netherlands. Tuff Stuff 4X4

That's a heck of a price for 92' of 3/8", nice find! The only thing I'd do is replace its hook with the Safety Thimble, which is coincidentally developed by @mrblaine. I'll never go back to a hook. :)

I thought the price was good too. Also, @Jerry Bransford , I found this M8000 for $200, it's 100% working but has some damage. What do you think of this damage?

winch.jpg

I thought the price was good too. Also, @Jerry Bransford , I found this M8000 for $200, it's 100% working but has some damage. What do you think of this damage?

View attachment 16213
The good news is you can get a replacement for that busted side plate from Warn. Whether you want to have to tear the winch down to replace it is up to you. I think I'd offer $100 and make a big deal out of the required repair and if he was firm on $200 keep looking.

Edit: We didn't get lucky... I have a brand-new spare side plate for my previous Warn winch (the one that was on my stolen Jeep) but it's the right side plate, not the left side that you need. I would have given it to you for free. Dang it. :(

Last edited:
The good news is you can get a replacement for that busted side plate from Warn. Whether you want to have to tear the winch down to replace it is up to you. I think I'd offer $100 and make a big deal out of the required repair and if he was firm on $200 keep looking.

Thanks for the advice.