Winch

That's the winch that made Warn's reputation here in the PNW. Every crummy in the woods ended up with one of those on the front, if it didn't already have a pto winch on it.

I just went through this the last couple weeks, I picked up an 05 LJ and a winch was one of the first bolt ons I wanted to do. after weeks of trying to figure out I went with the M8000, Mounted it yesterday and I am very happy that I got the winch. I have not used it yet but it is working perfect and seems much better than cheeper winches I have had in the past.

Well, I did it now! I just dropped $1,335.00 on a winch and front bumper and I even got the wife's okay to do it. Damn that's a lot of money. This is what I bought and I hope it was worth it!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0097SUK38/?tag=wranglerorg-20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007G5SHK2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Damn... That's the way to do it. That's a mighty fine winch and a damn good looking bumper too (really, really like that bumper)!

Way to go on that purchase!

With my wife, I always find it's better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Damn... That's the way to do it. That's a mighty fine winch and a damn good looking bumper too (really, really like that bumper)!

Way to go on that purchase!

With my wife, I always find it's better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Thanks!
With my wife I alway tell her what I'm saving to buy in the future and she's seem okay with it at the time. The problem is that the future always comes to soon. :bash:

You must have a very forgiving wife! :emoji_innocent:

Reactions: Chris
You must have a very forgiving wife! :emoji_innocent:

I think she just realizes that once it's here, it's too late. Not to mention I've done it so many times, she just stopped caring at some point. She used to get really mad, but now I barely hear about it at all, haha.

Plus it's not like she can really complain, I buy her plenty of stuff too, and the kids as well.

Reactions: JMT and TJ John
Reactions: TJ John
Bumper and winch are installed.
I never noticed this until after I installed the bumper.
Where/how do I install the license plate?

Also, is this where you're supposed to place the hook or will this kink the cable?
953f7d7200f8458a30c8136ad12f9b3a.jpg
556126e0237148fb46010f50e0d8e2ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mon0cle
What is the used Warn winch that everyone wants to get their hands on?

For the OP, I'm hoping someone can chime in on that winch. But otherwise, anything Warn in my opinion is worth it. I have a VR8000 of theirs and while it was made overseas, it's still a Warn and it was the cheapest 8k that they offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the used Warn winch that everyone wants to get their hands on?

For the OP, I'm hoping someone can chime in on that winch. But otherwise, anything Warn in my opinion is worth it. I have a VR8000 of theirs and while it was made overseas, it's still a Warn and it was the cheapest 8k that they offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
9.5xp, 9.5cti. warn m8000 are the big 3. They have been around long enough they have a used market.