Wind noise with hardtop

Jeanette Ball

I have a 2001 TJ Sport. When I put my hardtop back on my Jeep after Summer. I did what I usually do. Sticky foam tape (weather tape) and locked & Bolted down the hard top.
This time Horrible wind noise. checked all my bolts to make sure they were tight. Still Wind noise. Decided to use rubber trim around my Doors though that might be the issue. NOPE ! Any Ideas of what might be causing this? Front clips maybe? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

It's likely coming from the windshield header, as that seems to be the most common place.

Is there anything I can do about it? Clamp replacement maybe? I used the weather stripping there as well. But, it did not work.

In my case I tried everything, but ultimately I had to end up getting a new replacement header seal.

I think that over time they just deteriorate and all it takes is just a tiny little gap where it doesn't seal as well, then you can hear air coming in like crazy at higher speeds.

The new header seal took care of it for me.

Reactions: Jeanette Ball
Same issue I have, earbud headphones have been my solution. It's almost soft top season, so I'll live with it until next hard top season. Chris has already mentioned the issue, a super annoying issue.

Reactions: Jeanette Ball
In my case I tried everything, but ultimately I had to end up getting a new replacement header seal.

I think that over time they just deteriorate and all it takes is just a tiny little gap where it doesn't seal as well, then you can hear air coming in like crazy at higher speeds.

The new header seal took care of it for me.
Thank You Chris ! LOVE this Forum!

Reactions: Chris
Unlatch the 2 latches over the visor

Use tape,felt or rubber to fill the part of the latch 1/16+ where it grabs the window frame and relatch it ..that will compress the seal more and may get you by til you get a new seal .

I hate noises too.