Winter adventure in WI, MN, and Canada on the ice road from Angle Inlet to Kenora

So I guess this is what scoping out a 1/2 mile driveway looks like. The excavator guy was an absolute artist with his equipment.

1681481563756.png

1681481649688.png

1681481759062.png

1681481939570.png

1681482081406.png

I have a few more videos lined up ranging from hiking, to installing parts on the vehicles, to gear reviews, to maintenance, to big epic adventures, even a few grocery shopping and camp cooking videos for @Apparition 😉 . But I wanted to ask you guys... What are you interested in seeing more of? And is 1 video a week too much or too little?

This summer I plan to focus on making high quality videos and seeing if it can become a job for me.

I have a few more videos lined up ranging from hiking, to installing parts on the vehicles, to gear reviews, to maintenance, to big epic adventures, even a few grocery shopping and camp cooking videos for @Apparition 😉 . But I wanted to ask you guys... What are you interested in seeing more of? And is 1 video a week too much or too little?

This summer I plan to focus on making high quality videos and seeing if it can become a job for me.

How about getting stuck in the snow videos ;)

So I guess this is what scoping out a 1/2 mile driveway looks like. The excavator guy was an absolute artist with his equipment.

Beautiful driveway there, Toximus! However, if this guy is the guy that you're praising, you might not say that to him exactly as above:

1681482529229.png

Blade operators are generally the most experienced fellers on a job site, and they look down on everyone else, including excavator operators. I learned that pecking order real quick after switching from mechanical to civil engineering. He's a blade man or blade operator, not an excavator guy!

However, if you're referring to a guy on an excavator, my apologies!

Reactions: reddvltj
Beautiful driveway there, Toximus! However, if this guy is the guy that you're praising, you might not say that to him exactly as above:

View attachment 416288

Blade operators are generally the most experienced fellers on a job site, and they look down on everyone else, including excavator operators. I learned that pecking order real quick after switching from mechanical to civil engineering. He's a blade man or blade operator, not an excavator guy!

However, if you're referring to a guy on an excavator, my apologies!

Interesting to know! That is the guy, but he's also the owner/operator of every piece of equipment from bulldozer, to dump truck, to blade. He also has a team of another 6+ guys (3 on this site, 3 on another).

1 video a week is just right, release on the same day every week. The wife and I are doing the boat/kayak trip out at Pictured Rocks and then Mt Arvon and some waterfalls in August if you want to join us. Hotels, no camping.

Reactions: toximus

Due to the name of your channel and the fact that Tremors are cool, I think you should integrate some Tremor off-roading in addition to the Jeep. My dad bought one 2 years ago and got a Hallmark camper and now really enjoys traveling / offroading / hunting with it.

I just subscribed btw. Personally, when I'm browsing YouTube, I'm either doing two things: 1) unwinding from the day and looking for something inspiring, so epic adventure or (quick) gear review videos would be cool, or 2) researching about an area I plan to visit in the future to get ideas for trails, camping spots, etc. I'm not really a fan of cooking videos but some people are.

Good luck!

Due to the name of your channel and the fact that Tremors are cool, I think you should integrate some Tremor off-roading in addition to the Jeep. My dad bought one 2 years ago and got a Hallmark camper and now really enjoys traveling / offroading / hunting with it.

I just subscribed btw. Personally, when I'm browsing YouTube, I'm either doing two things: 1) unwinding from the day and looking for something inspiring, so epic adventure or (quick) gear review videos would be cool, or 2) researching about an area I plan to visit in the future to get ideas for trails, camping spots, etc. I'm not really a fan of cooking videos but some people are.

Good luck!

I love hearing this insight! Thanks for the sub! I'm past the point of feeling sensitive about feedback so if you guys ever had thoughts feel free to pass them along.

I have a big epic 2-3 week overlanding trip planned with the Tremor for this summer! However, I will likely be changing the name of the channel soon so that it's more inclusive of what I'll be doing. Starting in May I hope to have ramped up to once a week videos.

I'm still trying to figure out the ideal length and pacing, along with finding my style. Short is entertaining but lacks any real detail, long can miss the entertaining aspect and end up boring even if there's a lot to cover.

Do you (personally) find it annoying if there's a wider range of content (but all still on topic)? Such as epic adventures, followed by some not as entertaining technical videos? Or vehicle based adventure followed by hiking based adventure?

Reactions: Rickyd and SubLime
I love hearing this insight! Thanks for the sub! I'm past the point of feeling sensitive about feedback so if you guys ever had thoughts feel free to pass them along.

I have a big epic 2-3 week overlanding trip planned with the Tremor for this summer! However, I will likely be changing the name of the channel soon so that it's more inclusive of what I'll be doing. Starting in May I hope to have ramped up to once a week videos.

I'm still trying to figure out the ideal length and pacing, along with finding my style. Short is entertaining but lacks any real detail, long can miss the entertaining aspect and end up boring even if there's a lot to cover.

Do you (personally) find it annoying if there's a wider range of content (but all still on topic)? Such as epic adventures, followed by some not as entertaining technical videos? Or vehicle based adventure followed by hiking based adventure?

I like when videos are around 30 minutes. A wide range of content makes things interesting, all things you stated would be good.

Have you seen the youtube channel "Ambition Strikes"? One of the channels I like, they cover a huge variety of topics and are using the channel to fund their lives.

15-20 minutes is what I prefer. If they are longer I tend to skip through them.

The video I have in the first post in this thread, it was 33 minutes. Would you have preferred it be split into 2 videos/episodes or only keep the most exciting bits to shorten it (I already cut out a lot)?

Also, what'd you think of the stuck in driveway video? Too slow/not a lot of action, or a good pace to switch things up every now and again?

Reactions: Apparition
I like when videos are around 30 minutes. A wide range of content makes things interesting, all things you stated would be good.

Have you seen the youtube channel "Ambition Strikes"? One of the channels I like, they cover a huge variety of topics and are using the channel to fund their lives.

Very cool! It'll be exciting to see how you guys enjoy the different adventures. Right now there's only so much I can do while I wrap up my job. May 8th is my last day of work and I'll be flying out May 9th on an adventure!

I haven't seen that channel. I'm checking it out now. I'd love for this to fund our lives too so that I can continue doing it.

The video I have in the first post in this thread, it was 33 minutes. Would you have preferred it be split into 2 videos/episodes or only keep the most exciting bits to shorten it (I already cut out a lot)?

Also, what'd you think of the stuck in driveway video? Too slow/not a lot of action, or a good pace to switch things up every now and again?

It depends. A full video on a trip keeps my attention. I liked it.

The stuck in driveway one was a good length and a teaser to come back and watch you get unstuck. I think the pace was fine.