Winter wheeling

Dozerdude

IMG_1612.JPG

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_1620.JPG

IMG_1624.JPG

IMG_1625.JPG

IMG_1626.JPG

Did a little wheeling in northern Michigan with our club and a few guests, 33 rigs. High of 12, with a little lake effect snow mixed with blue sky, great day.

Reactions: UpperMI
Looks like a lot of fun!

At least you're not like the dude I saw the other day who was sharing a video of himself doing 60+ mph in the snow, in his Jeep. Yeah, really stupid! Apparently some of these guys assume that because they have 4WD and Mud Terrain tires, that they can haul ass in the snow. Sheesh!

Reactions: StG58 and Frank
Looks like a lot of fun!

At least you're not like the dude I saw the other day who was sharing a video of himself doing 60+ mph in the snow, in his Jeep. Yeah, really stupid! Apparently some of these guys assume that because they have 4WD and Mud Terrain tires, that they can haul ass in the snow. Sheesh!
But @Chris, you can make a fair chunk o' change with a Jeep and a winch from those guys when it snows. Much like at the beach on a sunny day.

Reactions: MikeM
But @Chris, you can make a fair chunk o' change with a Jeep and a winch from those guys when it snows. Much like at the beach on a sunny day.

Ha, isn't that the truth!

But seriously, 60 mph in slick conditions (on an unplowed road) is dangerous as hell. I don't care if you've got the best snow tires ever and 4WD, that's just plain stupid on a slick road.

This guy was being a showoff though.

Reactions: Frank and StG58
Snow wheeling is my favorite by far......not at 60mph though. Lol
I always take the day off after a heavy snow and pile up in the Jeep.

Don't blame you there! The few times I've been able to take my Wrangler in the snow (while we were on vacation), it was way more fun than the mud (not as messy either!).

Reactions: derekmac
I absolutely hate fucking snow! This year in central Oregon is not going anywhere to helping this feeling!
Just spent 3 hours blowing 3 inches off the driveway. Up to 14 inches on the way in the next 2 days. Berms along my driveway are already almost too tall to blow over.. We didn't have this much snow in Utah and we were 1,000 feet higher in elevation.

I absolutely hate fucking snow! This year in central Oregon is not going anywhere to helping this feeling!
Just spent 3 hours blowing 3 inches off the driveway. Up to 14 inches on the way in the next 2 days. Berms along my driveway are already almost too tall to blow over.. We didn't have this much snow in Utah and we were 1,000 feet higher in elevation.

I sense a move in your future :D

I hate snow too, and rain. Wife and I were talking about possibly selling the house in the next few years and moving somewhere warmer.

Reactions: Frank and Stinger
IMG_20170107_095505660.jpg

Georgia snow this past Saturday. It was a very dry snow so the 1.5" we got blow away and only left dust to play in come morning. Hope that we get a least one good one this year.

Reactions: Chris