Wiper Blade Recommendations?

I had a set of Tricos that I absolutely hated. They smeared and streaked soon after installation. Didnt even make it 6 months with them until I took them off and threw them away. I am using the RainX brand now

I've been trying Silblades and I've been less than impressed so far. Even after washing the window I'm getting streaks the next time it rains. We get a lot of rain here so this might not be as big of a problem for guys in other places.

I tried a large range of wipers over the years and the one thing that I've noticed is consistent is that traditional style wipers work better on the flat windshield than the armless style.

I run the michellin wiper blades from costco on my tundra — they're $5.99 when on sale. They rarely have jeep sizes in store though so you have to pay shipping.

Reactions: rubicube and L J
I run the michellin wiper blades from costco on my tundra — they're $5.99 when on sale. They rarely have jeep sizes in store though so you have to pay shipping.

I've been buying the wipers on sale at Costco for a few years now. I just buy the 16" and cut an inch off of the end of the blade. If I lived where wipers were critical is probably spring for something better, though.

Reactions: rubicube
x2 on the RainX. I'd only replace them once a year when my Jeep lived outside. Now that it has it's own house, the one's from last year still seem to do good. time will tell.

Reactions: WLDRIDE
The only wiper blades that ever kind of impressed me was PIAA silicone. So smooth and quiet on a sports car I used them on. That said, I typically just buy cheap new ones every year and call it a day. I need to check what I have now because they sure didn't hold up very well over a years time. I'll report back.

Reactions: tr21triton
I have used the Bosch wipers for a long time and have had good results. I usually replace them every fall.

This just popped up in my YouTube feed.

While I normally like his videos, this one does not consider a flat windshield.

I have RainX and have been generally happy. Just like every wiper on a TJ though they tend to loose efficiency in the snow, even with the defrost on blast.

Why can you get a 40 year old POS out of a junkyard and the original wipers still work great, but need to replace all these new super improved wipers 2-3 times a year and they are still crappy at such a simple job?🤯
Because 40 years ago they actually used good quality rubber... just like everything else these days, "use, discard, replace... has become the norm. One way you can extend the life of the new wipers is, periodically clean the rubber with rubbing alcohol or mild bleach on a rag, the alcohol will remove road build up, and the bleach will slightly soften the rubber and bring back it's flexibility.

Reactions: JMT and WLDRIDE
While I normally like his videos, this one does not consider a flat windshield.

I agree, and was thinking the same thing when I watched it. I just put some Bosch wipers on this summer after buying the Jeep and they are working well, but I have yet to drive it in a real rain storm.

Well, I bought Bosch. Not necessarily because that was my first choice, but because, out of the four auto parts stores in our town, that was the only thing I could find in 13". And it was snowing like crazy and someone had put 17" blades on the Jeep. So, of course, they were all torn at the ends where they rubbed on the moulding around the windshield.

• Haha
Reactions: rasband
Well, I bought Bosch. Not necessarily because that was my first choice, but because, out of the four auto parts stores in our town, that was the only thing I could find in 13". And it was snowing like crazy and someone had put 17" blades on the Jeep. So, of course, they were all torn at the ends where they rubbed on the moulding around the windshield.

It always surprises me the kinds of things people settle for with maintenance. 17” blades make zero sense on a TJ windscreen.

Anco part #91-13. As close to an OE quality blade as you can get and they're only $3.89 ea at RockAuto.

+1

Anco 91-13 is as close to OEM that you can get. I replace them once every 2 years as they work very well. I use them along with frequent RainX application on the windshield. Rockauto has great prices and I buy from them as well.

Reactions: JMT