Wiper Blade Recommendations?

While I normally like his videos, this one does not consider a flat windshield.

I'm not familiar with any of his videos. This one seems OK but he failed to mention the line left near the driver side by the right side rainX blade after activating the water repellency.

FWIW I've never really understood how the right blade (on almost every car today) pushing a full load of water, snow, ice, etc in front of the driver repeatedly is a good idea. So what if it clears the little triangles in the middle? The mirror blocks the upper one and the lower one lets me see the hood.

Well, I bought Bosch. Not necessarily because that was my first choice, but because, out of the four auto parts stores in our town, that was the only thing I could find in 13". And it was snowing like crazy and someone had put 17" blades on the Jeep. So, of course, they were all torn at the ends where they rubbed on the moulding around the windshield.

I don't know what brand I have but whatever they are, it's for the same reason you ended up with the Bosch. I also understand the aggravation of wipers that are too long. I borrowed my son's YJ once two winters ago and the wipers hitting the moulding for God knows how long actually caused them to clear glass as if they were only 10" blades. I asked him WTF and he said they were the shortest he could find at the time and needed something because it was snowing like crazy a year earlier. He never updated them because he's cheap, rarely drives it in the snow and mainly only takes it off road. A little over a year later, when I bought my TJ I put its old blades on his and gave him a decent cheap improvement.

I've been trying Silblades and I've been less than impressed so far. Even after washing the window I'm getting streaks the next time it rains. We get a lot of rain here so this might not be as big of a problem for guys in other places.

I tried a large range of wipers over the years and the one thing that I've noticed is consistent is that traditional style wipers work better on the flat windshield than the armless style.
Are Silblades silicon?

Are Silblades silicon?

• Patented PTFE coating gives our silicone wiper its ability to effortlessly glide smoothly across your windshield
  • Silicon formulation leaves an invisible hydrophobic (water repellent) coating, which forms within 90 days from the first use

The only wiper blades that ever kind of impressed me was PIAA silicone. So smooth and quiet on a sports car I used them on. That said, I typically just buy cheap new ones every year and call it a day.

I need to check what I have now because they sure didn't hold up very well over a years time. I'll report back.
Just checked. They are Bosch ICON’s I am running. They were on about 1.5 years per my receipt, a little longer than I thought, and they went through a Winter last year. They need replaced again, but I can’t really give them bad marks. They worked very well all that time and just started getting a bit choppy this Fall.

I think I am going with the cheaper Anco’s this time (that somebody already posted from RockAuto). Hell, you can get those for 1/3 cost and I bet they work just as well for the first six months. I can even replace them twice a year and still be ahead! Makes me think of these commercials when I was growing up.

• Patented PTFE coating gives our silicone wiper its ability to effortlessly glide smoothly across your windshield
  • Silicon formulation leaves an invisible hydrophobic (water repellent) coating, which forms within 90 days from the first use
Hey, you got a link for those wipers? I’ve got a 2005 Jeep TJ this summer and I’d like to get better blades for it.

Reactions: liquidfluidity
I've been trying Silblades and I've been less than impressed so far. Even after washing the window I'm getting streaks the next time it rains. We get a lot of rain here so this might not be as big of a problem for guys in other places.

I tried a large range of wipers over the years and the one thing that I've noticed is consistent is that traditional style wipers work better on the flat windshield than the armless style.

Hey, you got a link for those wipers? I’ve got a 2005 Jeep TJ this summer and I’d like to get better blades for it.

2x Front WB114S: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00464B3UW/?tag=wranglerorg-20
1x Rear WB118S: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00029X5VA/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: reddvltj
I replaced all of my jeep's wipers for these BOSCH wipers I found available at my area on 12/5/19, so I've had them for a complete month of crappy weather including a lot of rain, for the moment no issues and no noise, let's wait and see after the summer sun starts degrading the rubber... for the moment no complains and I recommend them if you want to try them out as well.

20191205_101047.jpg

Update: I put a second set of Silblades on my other Jeep and they're much better than the first set was new. I'm going to see if I can get the first set warrantied since something isn't right with them.

Anyone using factory oem part from the dealer parts counter ? Cost ? performance ?
Mine are starting to skip - very annoying !

I use Bosch Icons Beam Blade. I also use RainX fluid to get the most I can out of the wipers. The RainX makes it so there's like a hydrophobic coating so the water does not stick to the windshield as much. I use this on my TJ and it works fine for me.

I've used various Bosch blades over the years and have been happy with them. They seem to last me a good amount of time dealing with Texas gulf coast weather.

My experience was similar. I put a set on my Jeep last year, which has seen very few miles, and they had to be replaced due to streaking. I went back to Anco 31 series, knowing the offroad dirt, mud, etc. would mean swapping them out annually. FWIW, a pack of 5 is under $24.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XC5CM1Z/?tag=wranglerorg-20

That RainX fluid makes a huge difference in the winter. So much easier to chisel off the ice and snow from the glass. Come warm weather the rain just rolls off the glass. Often not even needing the wipers in light rain or drizzle.

I also highly recommend "PIAA Super Silicone" wiper blades!
They last a very long time and are very smooth. I have them on all of my vehicles.

The first time you buy them you can buy the blade with refill and then just the refills after that.
Here's a link to the 13" blade with refill that works for my 2004 TJ Rubicon. Double check for correct application.

Blade w/refill:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EZ2KZ8/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: tr21triton
I use Bosch Insight. I bought 5 pairs on sale years ago at VatoZone.
I replace mine every other year in the fall.
And RainX & FogX really does help both inside and out.

I bought Bosch and they suck. It wipes the window clean. But it grates across the glass making a horrific noise.

I think I might try those floppy ones next time. It seems like the metal frame on the Bosch make them jump on the flat glass. Hoping the floppy ones won't do that. That's my loose as hell theory anyway.