Wiper Fluid Not Working

Yep does the washer pump run or not when you push the wash-button? If it runs, odds are good the water line or jets are clogged up with hard water deposits. Unplug the hose from the pump on the reservoir and see if it squirts from there.

If the motor doesn't run, maybe a fuse is blown, there's a bad connection at the washer pump, or the washer pump is bad. They're cheap and many fit the plug the TJ has.

Check the pump or motor. I just replaced my motor. Very simple plug and play.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I found that I had voltage at the pump connector when the washer switch was activated. I installed a delco replacement and it works now. The delco pump has an harness adaptor included which I really don't care for, but it works. I would find a direct plug in replacement if I had to do it again (no adaptor).
EZ to do in about 15 minutes.

You could have clogged sprayer nozzles. Soak them in white vinegar for half an hour. Then clean out with a straight pin.

But others here may be able to tell if the pump is running by sound or something else. I guess if you removed one hose from your nozzles and hit spray and water came out. Then you know it's clogged nozzles. If it doesn't then it's the pump.

On some models there is a small check valve in the washer hose. I had the Jeep in the body shop for a new hood & when they reconnected the hoses they got the check valve in backwards & no fluid would come out the nozzles.

I have no power at the plug, it was intermittent but stopped working completely now. The pump works great. The wipers still work, are the wipers and washer on the same fuse?

I have no power at the plug, it was intermittent but stopped working completely now. The pump works great. The wipers still work, are the wipers and washer on the same fuse?
Same fuse, #17 25A for the 2005.

There's a troubleshooting procedure in the Service Manual, section 8R.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kerry
Following the toubleshooting proceedure as well as I could, I wound up at the steering column, and as I removed the plug for the wiper stalk it almost fell off; the retaining clip was not engaged. Seating it firmly back into position resloved the issue.
I love easy fixes! Bitch to find tho....

Reactions: AjRagno
I have a similar issue, except it's the rear window washer fluid. I push the button all the way down and see no fluid, but the rear windshield wiper works. I assume windshield washer pump in the front? Or as Jerry Mentioned "odds are good the water line or jets are clogged up with hard water deposits". I'll check that also. Looks like possibly Mopar part#5096343AA? I appreciate any help or guidance!
Not likely, but make sure your washer reservoir has 2 motor/pumps. Someone may have switched to it to a single (soft top version) at one time.

I found that I had voltage at the pump connector when the washer switch was activated. I installed a delco replacement and it works now. The delco pump has an harness adaptor included which I really don't care for, but it works. I would find a direct plug in replacement if I had to do it again (no adaptor).
EZ to do in about 15 minutes.
What voltage did you get at the pump connector? I am trying to figure out if my voltage is enough considering it runs on a 20amp fuse but the voltage I was getting was .13A. What are your thought?