Wiring diagram for Japanese 1999 TJ Wrangler

Mr Valmonty

Hey guys. Relatively new here.

I got a tidy 1999 Japanese import TJ a few months ago. I really enjoy it - except the electronics are very dated.

I have a radio, speakers, amp and sub ready to install. I also have a set of LED front headlights ready to go. Rear lights will be here soon.

I'd prefer to do the work myself if possible, but I'm having major difficulty finding a wiring diagram for Japanese TJs. I know there are a couple of differences between Japanese and UK models, but would like more detail on them. Anyone have resources?

Gracias.

On the forum in the TJ Resources section there are PDFs of the FSM for different year TJs. In Section 8W there are wiring schematics that will assist you in troubleshooting. How much the export is different from the US models are unknown.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...ice-manuals-fsm-technical-documentation.4618/
Almost all the diagrams in our manual have duplicate schematics for "export only/non-export" when there is a difference, so I think the OP should be GTG with the factory manual but I've never seen a specific call out for a region of export.

I have a radio, speakers, amp and sub ready to install. I also have a set of LED front headlights ready to go. Rear lights will be here soon.
Unless you are rigging something completely custom, you should be able to just obtain a harness that wires up to the head unit you are installing, and plug directly into the Jeeps factory harness. The amp and sub might change things up a little, but shouldn't require a schematic, especially if everything currently works, and you are handy with a volt meter.

Welcome to the TJ Forum, post some pics of the Japanese TJ as I'm sure we would all like to see it.

I would be surprised if the oem radio is any different then any other TJ so post some pics if that also.

Last edited: