Wiring harness routing help

RiderofRohan

Supporting Member
Ok a few questions to ask the Jeep ninjas on this forum.

I am finally putting everything back on my frame off restoration and I have connected everything up but I have a few questions so I can get this correct....

1. What is this connector and where does it go? ( it is on the transmission/tcase wiring harness near the vent tube)
IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

2. Does your wiring harness touch the top of the tranny as it passes over to connect to the tcase? If not, how does it route?

3. I have read that most recommend routing the tcase breather tube to the passenger side firewall. Doesn't that put that tube awfully close to the muffler/CAT and be subjected to intense heat?

Thanks

Ok a few questions to ask the Jeep ninjas on this forum.

I am finally putting everything back on my frame off restoration and I have connected everything up but I have a few questions so I can get this correct....

1. What is this connector and where does it go? ( it is on the transmission/tcase wiring harness near the vent tube)
View attachment 110235

View attachment 110236

2. Does your wiring harness touch the top of the tranny as it passes over to connect to the tcase? If not, how does it route?

3. I have read that most recommend routing the tcase breather tube to the passenger side firewall. Doesn't that put that tube awfully close to the muffler/CAT and be subjected to intense heat?

Thanks
That round connector is the TCC at the back left side of the 32RH. If you have a manual, it is tucked up and tied back to the main harness that runs over the top of the trans from the right side to the left side, intersects the frame rail just behind the T-case and then runs back to the fuel tank area.

Reactions: PurpleTJAZ
That round connector is the TCC at the back left side of the 32RH. If you have a manual, it is tucked up and tied back to the main harness that runs over the top of the trans from the right side to the left side, intersects the frame rail just behind the T-case and then runs back to the fuel tank area.
Thanks a million @mrblaine . Just so I am clear, since I have a manual... It is unused. Correct? Also, does the harness lay on top of the tranny as it passes over or is supported so isnt touching it?

Thanks a million @mrblaine . Just so I am clear, since I have a manual... It is unused. Correct? Also, does the harness lay on top of the tranny as it passes over or is supported so isnt touching it?
Manuals do not have Torque Converters, so it is unused, tied back to the main harness which is run over the top of the t-case and is not supported other than a couple of clips that stop it from shifting around.

Reactions: RiderofRohan
THis is perfect @Tangerined. I thought i took enough pics. I guess I needed one more :) Looks like you did a frame-off resto as well. Not for the faint of heart

Haha there are never enough pictures. I discovered I had missed several too when trying to put everything back together. Yeah I had to do a frame and tub swap due to rust but decided to refresh everything along the way. So what was supposed to be a 4 month project turned into 14, but it's almost ready! Just need to get panels painted so they all match. Excited to finally drive it after 14 months.