Wish list I hope to turn into a build list

glwood

Jeepless
Supporting Member
So far the mods to Ruby have been fairly plain jane, and I am happy with the look and function:

Dirtworx bumpers, front and rear
OME light-duty 2" suspension
Rough Country rear adjustable track bar
Body Armor rock rails
Quadratec LED tail lights
GraBars grab handles
Tuffy underseat security drawer
Bartact seat covers

All these have served a purpose, and I can't say anything bad about any of them. I am very happy with the suspension height and function, as I have 32" tires, and cannot see going beyond that size; the Ruby drives great, and re-gearing is not in the plans. I would like to make the following list of wishes into a reality in the coming year, now that we have completed an addition to our home, and should have more time and funds being available. Not that they are necessary in order to enjoy my Jeep, but because I have always tried to upgrade my vehicles with what I consider to be components that are superior to oem when possible:

Savvy transfer case cable shifter
Exogate tire carrier
Currie Antirock front anti-swaybar
Savvy adjustable control arms (Core 4x4 a close second)

As I said, these are a wish list now, but I hope to make them a reality before too long. Just by making a list and posting it motivates me to get going.

Last edited:
So far the mods to Ruby have been fairly plain jane, and I am happy with the look and function:

Dirtworx bumpers, front and rear
OME light-duty 2" suspension
Rough Country rear adjustable track bar
Body Armor rock rails
Quadratec LED tail lights
GraBars grab handles
Tuffy underseat security drawer
Bartact seat covers

All these have served a purpose, and I can't say anything bad about any of them. I am very happy with the suspension height and function, as I have 32" tires, and cannot see going beyond that size; the Ruby drives great, and re-gearing is not in the plans. I would like to make the following list of wishes into a reality in the coming year, now that we have completed an addition to our home, and should have more time and funds being available. Not that they are necessary in order to enjoy my Jeep, but because I have always tried to upgrade my vehicles with what I consider to be components that are superior to oem when possible:

Savvy transfer case cable shifter
Exogate tire carrier
Currie Antirock front swaybar
Savvy double adjustable control arms

As I said, these are a wish list now, but I hope to make them a reality before too long. Just by making a list and posting it motivates me to get going.
Killer list!

Reactions: JMT
That is a nice list. My build has some similarities to yours sans the tire size, and I wish I would have stuck to 32's. Luckily, today's tire sizes run on the small side. I recently purchased the RC rear TB mostly because I liked the adjustment sleeve feature, making it easier to adjust the length, and it having regular rubber bushings. I too have the AR, the Bartact seat covers and the Novak shift cable on my wish list.

That is a nice list. My build has some similarities to yours sans the tire size, and I wish I would have stuck to 32's. Luckily, today's tire sizes run on the small side. I recently purchased the RC rear TB mostly because I liked the adjustment sleeve feature, making it easier to adjust the length, and it having regular rubber bushings. I too have the AR, the Bartact seat covers and the Novak shift cable on my wish list.
Thank you.

Agreed on the RC track bar. I recently put on some 3/4" spring spacers, and it took all of about 1 minute to loosen the bolts on the track bar, turn the sleeve, and tighten them back up with a perfectly centered axle. I like it a lot, plus, like you, I like the oem type bushings.

Reactions: bobthetj03
I gotta stop reading @Chris's build thread...between him and @ac_, I almost got convinced to pull the trigger on a set of Savvy adjustable control arms...easy, there...

$1200 for a set of arms seems like a pretty good deal to me. Not cheap by any means, but I like the fact they can be re-built, and the fact that they're all double adjustable is awesome.

I gotta stop reading @Chris's build thread...between him and @ac_, I almost got convinced to pull the trigger on a set of Savvy adjustable control arms...easy, there...

I just pulled the trigger on a set of double adjustable Currie control arms. When I was running the lights I didn't see them as necessary, but since I tow I decided to put the heavies back in, and to battle the killer rake I put a 1.75 spacer in the front to level it out and now it is all over the road. My pinion angles and caster are not good. So I ordered a SYE and the adjustable CA's. Don't get me wrong I am driving it around till they get here, but it wanders like a 3 legged Yak on a snowy mountainside at lunch time and it vibrates more than a 3 legged grasshopper in the middle of a category 5 earthquake, but it is still my TJ.

I probably could have gone with the cores, but I liked the jjs, and with the coupon, I got them for about 150 more than the cost of the jj cores. The cores aren't double adjustable.

I am with @Rob5589 if you aren't wandering or vibrating, I would save your money on the CA's. Like I said I didn't need them till I started adding spacers and installed the heavy springs on the rear. Before that it drove good, and I wouldn't have considered replacing them.

If your TJ is aligned right and drives good, I would save the money on the CA's

Got the funds now to get a set of Savvy control arms...anyone know of any discount codes? Amazon has 'em for $1199, free shipping. Savvy site is $1149 + $32 shipping...I would tend to order direct from Savvy, seems smart in case of any issues...

Reactions: JMT
Don't have any codes for Savvy stuff right now. Not sure they offer any. Sometimes I see the place on a site for a coupon or promo code and yet they never have them. Those CA's are pricey. They are the aluminum one's I assume?

On a different note, but related to your list, my Exogate Hinges Only portion are scheduled for delivery today.

Got the funds now to get a set of Savvy control arms...anyone know of any discount codes? Amazon has 'em for $1199, free shipping. Savvy site is $1149 + $32 shipping...I would tend to order direct from Savvy, seems smart in case of any issues...
You could get on their website and ask if they have any discounts. I do that whenever I order something. Like with Quadratec, I just email a specific person and they help me and apply a military discount.

Don't have any codes for Savvy stuff right now. Not sure they offer any. Sometimes I see the place on a site for a coupon or promo code and yet they never have them. Those CA's are pricey. They are the aluminum one's I assume?

Aluminum, yes. Still debating on the purchase. For the price of these arms, I could get both the complete Exogate system AND the Currie Antirock..

On a different note, but related to your list, my Exogate Hinges Only portion are scheduled for delivery today.
I really want to see the before and after pics and your impressions of these hinges. I may just go with those for now.

If I can do that without a body lift, I would gladly add it to the list. I have a hard enough time getting into the TJ as it is...

I'll report back after I get my Barnes skid installed. Could be a viable option for you. You won't be happy at its weight. 1/4" plate steel ain't for the weak!