Wizard Recovery Gear Hawse

and made as cost effective as humanly possible,
Not quite, I could highly increase the volume, move to cheaper non UV black, and get them done in China for a lot less money. I need to be able to look my machinist in the eye with respect he deserves for machining them here in SoCal and doing so efficiently enough that the pricing is tolerable for US made. That is far more important to me than price and profit.

A 6 month update for @mrblaine :
DSC01871.JPG

Anodizing is as good as the day it arrived, although this 6 month period is the "less intense" time - I'll post another one after about a year, although I expect no change.

The rusty hardware is NOT Blaine's fault or hardware, as noted above. Obviously, I'm gonna have to either paint it or replace it - as I'm actually going to have paint out today, I'll just do that for the nonce at least. The red marking on the bottom of the opening appears to be color that rubbed off the (red) rope.

Quick update: The red marking is indeed from the rope, I was able to scrape it off with a fingernail. Anodizing underneath was just fine!

Reactions: JMT
By design. They knew from me that colors other than black will turn, change, and fade when exposed to UV. Doesn't change that they offered what customers requested regardless of how good it is.

Yep - and I bought into it. That's OK, it'll be completely silver in a couple of more years, so won't look so stupid.

AND....

The 2024 update:

View attachment 497095
Still as black as coal which will come as a surprise to exactly no-one. Wish I could say the same for the canvas winch cover - which, despite fading, has held up well being over 2 years old now.

Thank you for the update and while the result isn't surprising, it is still exceptionally difficult to achieve.

AND....

The 2024 update:

View attachment 497095
Still as black as coal which will come as a surprise to exactly no-one. Wish I could say the same for the canvas winch cover - which, despite fading, has held up well being over 2 years old now.

If it matters, grab yourself a can of this stuff at Autozone and spray that winch cover with it. After it dries, there will be lots of fuzz sticking up that got coated which creates an unpleasant texture. Go over it with a soft brass bristle brush, knock off the stickers, coat it again. It holds up well to UV and looks pretty good.
https://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-...ndle-Gloves/dp/B01N76UQQI/?tag=wranglerorg-20

If it matters, grab yourself a can of this stuff at Autozone and spray that winch cover with it. After it dries, there will be lots of fuzz sticking up that got coated which creates an unpleasant texture. Go over it with a soft brass bristle brush, knock off the stickers, coat it again. It holds up well to UV and looks pretty good.
https://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-...ndle-Gloves/dp/B01N76UQQI/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Naw, it doesn't matter - the cover only cost $12 three years ago. Its gonna need replacing soon anyway.