WJ seats into a TJ

ZMTJ

Just finished swapping 04' Wj seats into the Tj. The factory seats were shot, figured I'd make a thread for anyone looking for other seat options. I was able to get these out of the local junk yard for $50. They bolted right up to the Tj factory frames with no adjustment and the height is perfect for me. It took a few minutes to pull the old rusty seats off, I wire brushed and treated as much of the surface rust on the frames i could, then painted them with a rust sealer primer from rustoleum. Need to do a little cleaning to the leather but it's a huge improvement over the seats that were in there.

20190311_114415.jpg

20190311_115202.jpg

20190311_105207.jpg

20190311_105216.jpg

20190311_105230.jpg

20190311_111925.jpg

20190311_111930.jpg

Very cool, haven't seen this done before. Do you like them more? Are they more comfortable?

Oddly enough, I find the stock TJ seats to be some of the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in.

Reactions: KCsTJ
I ran leather ZJ seats in my TJ for awhile. Just had to trim some plastic on the lower outside trim piece. Super comfy, but no bolster support at all.

edit: For XJ guys, I also swapped in a leather rear 60/40 bench into the back. That took some reworking, but totally worth it.

^^ I second what @pcoplin said, they're very comfortable and a great improvement over what was in my tj. But there's very little side bolsters. I went this route because they were in great condition and cheap. I couldn't find tj seats for less that $300 around me and that's used...

What year is your TJ (I believe 97-02 seat bases are different then the 03-06)? I have a good set of WJ seats in my shed, and they were really comfortable.

Reactions: Zaythedad
I've found the CJ7 thru TJ seats to be some of the most comfortable seats for me. But a great upgrade option. And nice pic's to. Thanx!

Reactions: ZMTJ
This swap is just easy and inexpensive. Used tj seats are hard to find around me for less than $300. This is a quick $50 fix and it works great.

The tumble option can be added to these seat, as I believe all it takes is the lever and wire attached to the seat base. I didnt need it since I took my back seat out.

Thank you all for the positive reviews!