Wobble and Vibration

They’re the same wheels I had with my old tires but they were also brand new, I had just gotten them about 2 months before getting the bigger tires. And it’s a vibration as if you’re driving down a gravel road, you can feel the whole vehicle shaking with every turn of the tire until it stops but it only starts once you hit about 10mph and lasts until you come to a complete stop.
That may very well be just the tread pattern of the tires you put on.

Reactions: Unitize
I’m actually going to have a buddy who works at a mom and pop mechanic shop rebalance my tires for me tomorrow since that was a popular suggestion. I could see if he has a set of smaller tires though too just in case.
The tire balance is more than likely what is contributing to the "wobble" the vibrations, from your last description sound like it might be tread pattern related.

Reactions: Unitize
The tire balance is more than likely what is contributing to the "wobble" the vibrations, from your last description sound like it might be tread pattern related.
I could always just change out the tires like you suggested with a different set and see, it would be a shame if it’s the tread pattern but it is what it is. They’re mastercraft mxts and I heard nothing but good things about them when I got them but I understand every case is different. I appreciate all the advice.

Reactions: reddvltj
I could always just change out the tires like you suggested with a different set and see, it would be a shame if it’s the tread pattern but it is what it is. They’re mastercraft mxts and I heard nothing but good things about them when I got them but I understand every case is different. I appreciate all the advice.
I'm running the Mastercraft MXTs (studded and siped) on my work truck (2010 Ram 3500 diesel) and they are a decent tire, but the wide spacing on the lugs is noticeable even on that heavy truck, so it would make sense that you'll feel it on your Jeep. How wide are your rims?

I'm running the Mastercraft MXTs (studded and siped) on my work truck (2010 Ram 3500 diesel) and they are a decent tire, but the wide spacing on the lugs is noticeable even on that heavy truck, so it would make sense that you'll feel it on your Jeep. How wide are your rims?
I know the wheel size is 15inches as for the width I’m honestly not too sure, I’m not sure how to check with the tires mounted on them.

I know the wheel size is 15inches as for the width I’m honestly not too sure, I’m not sure how to check with the tires mounted on them.
Any decent tire shop should have a set of calipers and be able to tell what the width is for you. Or if you're feeling crafty you could make a disposable caliper out of card board.

Their extremely basic. cut out 2 pieces resembling this, and just mark where the needle points and once you mark it measure the distance between the tips when the pointer is at the mark. subtract about 1/2 inch for aluminum wheels, and about 1/4 inch for steel wheels and that should be your bead lip width.
200124.jpg

Any decent tire shop should have a set of calipers and be able to tell what the width is for you. Or if you're feeling crafty you could make a disposable caliper out of card board.

Their extremely basic. cut out 2 pieces resembling this, and just mark where the needle points and once you mark it measure the distance between the tips when the pointer is at the mark. subtract about 1/2 inch for aluminum wheels, and about 1/4 inch for steel wheels and that should be your bead lip width.
View attachment 296808
I’ll have my buddy check it when I go to the shop tomorrow or I can try that out myself, I’ll let you know what size they are either way though