Words cannot describe this steering / track bar setup...

Why the hiem joints on something that does not move?

Not that heims are the answer, but a double adjustable link is helpful in preloading the brace.

This is the one I added to mine a couple years ago after my frame bracket cracked which then turned into the front stretch with a replacement factory TB frame bracket. I wasn't expecting it, but the TB brace did add a noticeable amount of pleasant stiffness to steering. So the idea of reinforcing the track bar mount isn't a crazy idea.

20210220_225837.jpg

20210220_225728.jpg

That is crazy there is enough movement there to be noticeable from the drivers seat.

I've helped on enough steering tests with the engine running to notice that the frame side TB mount moves side to side quite a bit. I've also seen a few cracked mounts other than mine.

This movement is a significant reason to add hydro assist. It takes stress off of the TB mount.

Last edited:
I've helped on enough steering tests with the engine running to notice that the frame side TB mount move moves side to side quite a bit. I've also seen a few cracked mounts other than mine.

This movement is a significant reason to add hydro assist. It takes stress off of the TB mount.

Yes it is on the short list for sure. Everything I have upgraded in The steering has been toward adding assist.
Just need the BMB cylinder kit now.

Reactions: jjvw