Words to the wise and poor

JMT

Just another auto...
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
So, every time I get in mind something I need (usuallly because someone on here is trying to spend my hard earned money), I go to Amazon, find it and put it on my list. Well, that list can grow pretty long, pretty fast. I was just putting that stuff on there so I wouldn’t forget. Then comes Christmas and my birthday, and what do you know, but that stuff starts showing up in my presents. LOL. And awesomely enough, just the right stuff showed up. Over Christmas I had the Savvy BL from my wife and my Dad got me two Crown body mounts to replace some rotten ones. I couldn’t do the BL without the mounts. Nice. Today’s my birthday. My 14 year old daughter got me a tap and die set (so I can move my bumpstops to the lower perch). She had no idea what it was, but she does now! My parents got me some 0.75” spacers (to level out the front) and my wife got me the Cobra 75 CB, which is an all-in-one-handheld (which I prefer). These are really the little things I needed before wheelin’ hard the next few months. So, if your wise and poor and you want to build your TJ, you might consider starting a list on Amazon.

Ahhh, funny you mention this. I have an Amazon list that’s a few pages long, and I always share it with people for birthdays and holidays. You’re right though, the little stuff counts!

Reactions: StG58 and JMT
So, every time I get in mind something I need (usuallly because someone on here is trying to spend my hard earned money), I go to Amazon, find it and put it on my list. Well, that list can grow pretty long, pretty fast. I was just putting that stuff on there so I wouldn’t forget. Then comes Christmas and my birthday, and what do you know, but that stuff starts showing up in my presents. LOL. And awesomely enough, just the right stuff showed up. Over Christmas I had the Savvy BL from my wife and my Dad got me two Crown body mounts to replace some rotten ones. I couldn’t do the BL without the mounts. Nice. Today’s my birthday. My 14 year old daughter got me a tap and die set (so I can move my bumpstops to the lower perch). She had no idea what it was, but she does now! My parents got me some 0.75” spacers (to level out the front) and my wife got me the Cobra 75 CB, which is an all-in-one-handheld (which I prefer). These are really the little things I needed before wheelin’ hard the next few months. So, if your wise and poor and you want to build your TJ, you might consider starting a list on Amazon.
I’ve been looking at that CB, let us know how you like it.

Reactions: JMT
Also happy birthday!

I like this idea...sounds like you have a great family and awesome wife..guess I'm gonna have to get an Amazon account set up....I usually use ebay....wonder if I can get a wife on there too hehe

Reactions: Travis and StG58
Have you decided where you're going to mount the CB?
Nada boss. All I know is I like the compactness of the unit and the easy to read LED screen. Only thought so far is the passenger side of the center dash console. I’m grateful for any ideas. I have the 6-speed, so I don’t want it hanging around there. I guess there’s the A-pillar too. This CB stuff is all new territory for me.

I like this idea...sounds like you have a great family and awesome wife..guess I'm gonna have to get an Amazon account set up....I usually use ebay....wonder if I can get a wife on there too hehe
Yeah, I think they got wife’s on there too. Mail order brides, probably out of Russia or Khazakhtstan or Turkeministan or some other -stan nation. Better get two or three to keep up with you Kiwi! Yeah, I have a great family. The best stuff was the cards from the five kids. They make them up from scratch. I’ll share one since it’s Jeep related.
E49AB7A0-A2AF-4761-90D6-7BF666E83444.jpeg

The kid who did this is 12. He doesn’t understand what “cheating on” means, other than cheating in a game or something, and he liked that one the most, so the wife and I got a kick out of that.

Nada boss. All I know is I like the compactness of the unit and the easy to read LED screen. Only thought so far is the passenger side of the center dash console. I’m grateful for any ideas. I have the 6-speed, so I don’t want it hanging around there. I guess there’s the A-pillar too. This CB stuff is all new territory for me.

I have the old school version of that CB. I mounted the main unit in the back of my center console. I just ordered a bracket that mounts on the dash to hold the mic. The cord is long enough that I can put the mic up front on wheeling trips, but tuck it away behind the console when I'm not using it. I'll post pics once the bracket comes in.

Reactions: JMT
I have the old school version of that CB. I mounted the main unit in the back of my center console. I just ordered a bracket that mounts on the dash to hold the mic. The cord is long enough that I can put the mic up front on wheeling trips, but tuck it away behind the console when I'm not using it. I'll post pics once the bracket comes in.
That’s what I’m talking about! Something discreet, yet handy.

Reactions: bobthetj03
What do I need to go with this thing? A 2’ firestick?

Yeah, I think they got wife’s on there too. Mail order brides, probably out of Russia or Khazakhtstan or Turkeministan or some other -stan nation. Better get two or three to keep up with you Kiwi! Yeah, I have a great family. The best stuff was the cards from the five kids. They make them up from scratch. I’ll share one since it’s Jeep related.
View attachment 31278

The kid who did this is 12. He doesn’t understand what “cheating on” means, other than cheating in a game or something, and he liked that one the most, so the wife and I got a kick out of that.
haha Kids are great...My youngest had to make a cushion at school so she made it and put the Jeep logo on it to give to me haha...I'll pass on the mail order bride thing though. the box she would come in wouldn't fit in my letter box anyway lol

Reactions: StG58
haha Kids are great...My youngest had to make a cushion at school so she made it and put the Jeep logo on it to give to me haha...I'll pass on the mail order bride thing though. the box she would come in wouldn't fit in my letter box anyway lol

Hehehe! You said letter box!

Reactions: StG58 and Kiwi TJ
Yep, that's the bracket. LR turned me on to that bracket. Since all of your controls are on the mic, it make it easier to see your stuff.