Work from home LJ

GR is probably what I should do but Im going to "forget" about needing steps and table this for a few months. Lets see how long I get away with it. Ive gotten away without steps on my truck for a year now

GR is probably what I should do but Im going to "forget" about needing steps and table this for a few months. Lets see how long I get away with it. Ive gotten away without steps on my truck for a year now

The step is nice but, most times I've tried to use it, it just makes getting in more complicated because of the location and space to move your feet to get in the wheel well.

It's not like a step on an SUV or truck where you can get your toe in under the body (no toe-kick space) so it's not the same on a TJ to ease entry. Thoughts to feed to your wife.

My wife is 5'0" and she makes use of the step, especially now that I'm on 35s. Biggest help for her is the grab handle up on the roll bar. She just doesn't have the height to get her foot up into the foot well to then 'hop' in using the grab handle. She always tells me 'don't watch me' when she gets in. :ROFLMAO:

Think about putting skateboard tape (or similar tape) to add grip to ease entry if it'll be used regularly because it is slick with any wet weather or road grim build-up. I plan to put tape on the passenger side for my wife - because she will slip off in the future, I can just see it coming.

The step is nice but, most times I've tried to use it, it just makes getting in more complicated because of the location and space to move your feet to get in the wheel well.

It's not like a step on an SUV or truck where you can get your toe in under the body (no toe-kick space) so it's not the same on a TJ to ease entry. Thoughts to feed to your wife.

My wife is 5'0" and she makes use of the step, especially now that I'm on 35s. Biggest help for her is the grab handle up on the roll bar. She just doesn't have the height to get her foot up into the foot well to then 'hop' in using the grab handle. She always tells me 'don't watch me' when she gets in. :ROFLMAO:

Think about putting skateboard tape (or similar tape) to add grip to ease entry if it'll be used regularly because it is slick with any wet weather or road grim build-up. I plan to put tape on the passenger side for my wife - because she will slip off in the future, I can just see it coming.

Yeah I dont need the step. And I have the grab handles (in both jeep and truck). Wife uses them and hasnt fallen out yet. Just complains.

But not enough to pay up for GR

Yeah I dont need the step. And I have the grab handles (in both jeep and truck). Wife uses them and hasnt fallen out yet. Just complains.

But not enough to pay up for GR

I'm the same way - I don't use the step to enter/exit.

They do add to the 'jungle gym' climbing points when I need to get around the Jeep when the doors are on. Sometimes I'll use them when pulling the top with a hoist.

I thought I'd use them to put my foot out onto with the doors off. But they are too far down for me. I can comfortably just place my foot where the door radius is and touch the door mount and have a comfy ride doorless.

I can grab a pic of my sliders that are sitting in the basement if you want - but know that a step will impact your exit. I rubbed off the paint down to the primer over 10 years by sliding over the step with my pant/leg. It's actually past the primer and showing spot rusting. I suspect you'd face the same that it will impact your exit or you'd need find a 'jump' departure. FWIW

installed the lone pine bar yesterday and got phone mount set up on it. Reusing phone mount from my truck (I redid that mount 6 months ago).

Here’s some pictures. Install took 5 min. I’ll add more mounts and devices as needed

IMG_8736.jpeg

IMG_8735.jpeg

IMG_8734.jpeg

IMG_8733.jpeg

Reactions: JMT
installed the lone pine bar yesterday and got phone mount set up on it. Reusing phone mount from my truck (I redid that mount 6 months ago).

Here’s some pictures. Install took 5 min. I’ll add more mounts and devices as needed

View attachment 514658

View attachment 514659

View attachment 514660

View attachment 514661

That looks really clean!

As far as step on sliders.

The step is high and odd to use.
The step can be slick if shoes or slider wet (skateboard tape may help)
Your pant leg will gradually wear the paint off the slider to bare metal

An easily removable nerf bar is a great solution.

yeah based on current options and opinions here Im just going to skip buying any. I dont need sliders for the kind of driving I do, and the step options seem to not be ideal either.

Will just spend the money on something else

Reactions: FarFire70
Two recent projects:

- Picked up new front drive shaft from Tom Woods. My old one (even with new ujoints) was in pretty bad shape. New driveshaft made a huge improvement. Im still dialing in pinion angle. Drive, then adjust, then drive, etc til I am happy with it. Replaced trans mount while I had the skid plate off.

- ORO license plate / 3rd brake light - I moved license plate to spare tire, and needed light wired up to be road legal. This was an easy project. I have aftermarket (soon to be replaced) cheap tail lights. Spliced the tail light side of harness and soldered/taped back up. Ill have to redo this once I switch tails but I have plenty of wire on the ORO wiring harness and I didnt want to do vampire clips. 3 wires to connect, ground, brake light and tail light power. Took longer to run the wires through the tail gate and into the fender.

Next project:

Tuffy center console. Should be delivered today. I am just now getting to all the smaller things that bugged me from when I bought jeep. My center console has been broken for almost 3 years.

Last edited:
New parts showed up. BMB tail lights and SYE.

Thought about buying a second hand set of savvy lights but everything I buy from BMB is great and is from a company I like to support, so did that instead. I’ll have to pull the morryde and trim it, but that shouldn’t be a huge deal.

Went with SYE. I know LJs don’t always need, but my rear driveshaft is in similar shape to my front (pre tom woods) so went ahead and bit the bullet.

Will get these installed next week. Truck is loaded up and I’m headed to beach for the weekend!

IMG_8814.jpeg

IMG_8815.jpeg

Check out @Fluxor’s sliders. Quality’s up there with Savvy, from what I’ve seen.

No step (yet), but maybe if you ask him very nicely..

Reactions: Fluxor