Working out the kinks on my new TJ

So are you familiar with this kit?
I'm thinking I need to replace a bunch of control arm bushings too. Now I have 2.5" OME springs, Rancho Rock Crawler lower control arms. All 16 bushings are about $100. Upper CAs in the rear are new, adjustable. Fronts are old stock, probably need replacing.
Or I go with stock control arms, about $200.
Either way, the cost is about the same. Do I really benefit having the Rancho CAs?

So are you familiar with this kit?
I'm thinking I need to replace a bunch of control arm bushings too. Now I have 2.5" OME springs, Rancho Rock Crawler lower control arms. All 16 bushings are about $100. Upper CAs in the rear are new, adjustable. Fronts are old stock, probably need replacing.
Or I go with stock control arms, about $200.
Either way, the cost is about the same. Do I really benefit having the Rancho CAs?
The CA's measure from eye to eye exactly the same as a factory CA. The reason I've kept mine is that they are serviceable, and I prefer poly bushings over rubber just for longevity's sake. When I start working some of the mechanical parts underneath, I might change mine, but I'd really need a reason to spend the cash. Right now, I'm using my Jeep for a DD on the road, and probably wouldn't benefit a whole lot by throwing some Savvy arms under it with better bushings. If things go my way this spring, and I get to hit some trails, the story might be different though. It all comes down to what you're using the Jeep for whether there's a benefit to changing them, or not.

Reactions: Airjunky
.......... It all comes down to what you're using the Jeep for whether there's a benefit to changing them, or not.

Yea, I can't say I disagree. The Jeep is a second vehicle for me, that I'll drive to work occasionally, weekends, to go wheelin, go topless, etc. At the moment, it has quite a bit of wander in it. 4WP told me that it needed bushings. And as I eliminate some of the other issues (steering, sagging springs, interference problems, etc), this is what I'm down to.
The Ford rear diff has adjustable upper CAs on it, all of which are very new. So I'm thinking I will only be replacing the other 6 CAs.
Just trying to determine I'm really going down the right path.
Thanks for your 2 cents

Been driving the Jeep around town a bit, went wheelin a couple times out in the woods & snow. It's doing good. Tracks straight on good pavement, has a tendency to search out potholes or ruts in the road/trail. Found a lot of squeaks in the old stock front upper control arms (replaced with Ranchos), and the shackles on the bumpers (holy crap, those things make a lot of racket).

I found specifically what Rancho bushings go in the F/R lower CAs, but have not been able to find them for sale anywhere. In the search I found some universal bushings too..... for stupid cheap. I may get the measurements off mine & pick up a set & see what difference they make. At the very least it could improve things till I decide to pay for a good set of lower CAs.

Quick update..... I pulled the Rancho lower control arms to look closer at the bushings & clean them up. I brought them in to 4wp, who had told me the bushings were shot. The service manager looked at them & confessed that there was nothing wrong with them. So I cleaned them up and reinstalled them full of new grease. No issues.
I'll get the rears done when it warms up a bit.

Unloading parts here:. https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/misc-tj-parts-for-sale.18837/

Reactions: XISophos