Worse MPG after re-gear. Any soloutions?

Got all 4 o2 sensors replaced. Still getting the same 12.5 or even worse on the highway. I also have a p2096 and p2098. The codes seem like a problem with 05's, which is what mine is. I used NGK/NTK.

Got all 4 o2 sensors replaced. Still getting the same 12.5 or even worse on the highway. I also have a p2096 and p2098. The codes seem like a problem with 05's, which is what mine is. I used NGK/NTK.

Have you checked for an exhaust leak at the manifold and mini cats junction?

Mine did the same after replacing them all, but I knew it was bullshit as I was getting 16.8 mpg. The codes eventually stopped occurring on their own.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Mine did the same after replacing them all, but I knew it was bullshit as I was getting 16.8 mpg. The codes eventually stopped occurring on their own.

Yeah, my only worry is the 12.5 mpg. Most people seem to say the cats might be bad. I mean they are the originals with 117k on it.

I've been looking at a bunch. Why are these $400 https://tinyurl.com/bddw72tv and these are $1000 https://www.holley.com/products/exhaust/catalytic_converter/49_state/direct-fit/parts/2049170

Yeah, my only worry is the 12.5 mpg. Most people seem to say the cats might be bad.

Clogged catalytic converters can be diagnosed by a vacuum test or a back pressure test before you spend the money on them. Most aftermarket catalytic converters don't perform nearly as well as the OEM ones (which are very expensive), so if they're not bad, why replace them with something worse?

Reactions: Lunch Patterson
Clogged catalytic converters can be diagnosed by a vacuum test or a back pressure test before you spend the money on them. Most aftermarket catalytic converters don't perform nearly as well as the OEM ones (which are very expensive), so if they're not bad, why replace them with something worse?

Time to learn how to do a vacuum test/back pressure test it sounds like!

Wiggled on the vacuum line gently to start checking them. The line to the cruise cracked with barely any pressure and broke. Seems like I'll just redo it all. I don't see a full kit, does anyone know of one?

The main vacuum harness is 55037637AB. The speed control vacuum harness is 52109525AD. I think they are both discontinued parts, though. However, there appears to be some inventory out there.

Reactions: Lunch Patterson
The main vacuum harness is 55037637AB. The speed control vacuum harness is 52109525AD. I think they are both discontinued parts, though. However, there appears to be some inventory out there.

I found the main harness. I assume I can just use some same size vacuum hose to run to the cruise?

I found the main harness. I assume I can just use some same size vacuum hose to run to the cruise?

Yes, you certainly can. Also, if the plastic tube is fine, but the rubber ends have deteriorated, there are aftermarket rubber ends available. I think most of the chain auto parts places stock them.

Yes, you certainly can. Also, if the plastic tube is fine, but the rubber ends have deteriorated, there are aftermarket rubber ends available. I think most of the chain auto parts places stock them.

It seems like the opposite. All the lines are super brittle and the ends seem good. I'm going to replace it all anyways. I'll check out the local.auto parts place!

Got them all replaced. Last tank was 10.1 mpg. I cleared the p2096 and p2098 that you seem to just get with a 2005. P0153 now. Aren't vehicles supposed to get better when you replace parts with better parts?