Worst Possible TJ Build

What's this thing weigh now, 5500 pounds?

Closer to 6K lbs. me thinks. Perfect!!! Let's finish it off with a 4 flat trailer connector dragging on the ground off the rear bumper and a pair of Nutz hanging off the 6" drop...no,no....10" drop ball mount.

Reactions: StG58
I previously stepped on someone's toes for this " forgot who " but a lifted Jeep with no spare or just a plain Jane factory spare.
That said.....i agree, chrome tubes are simply unacceptable. Lol

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
Come on now, I used to run a TC drop....
I still do, lol!
It's not the tc drop...it's the quality of the drop and the amount that counts.
Transfer case drop made out of 2" rec tubing. Body mounts made out of same rec tubing.
Gotta stop those driveline vibes, so 3" angle iron tack welded to the frame with a 3/8" flat steel sheet welded to it for a transfer case drop.

97-06 TJ
Manual trans
Atlas t-case
gearing of choice
RE, Rock Krawler, or Clayton Long Arm suspension
Tera passenger knuckle
Shortened Trackbar
Steel belly skid, corners, rock rails, swing out tire carrier with hi-lift attached and 2 5 gallon gas cans.
Big Tuffy box in back fully loaded.
Smittybilt winch on front with steel cable and giant hook.
35" BFG Muds
Steel rims

97-06 TJ
Manual trans
Atlas t-case
gearing of choice
Tera passenger knuckle
Shortened Trackbar
Steel belly skid, corners, rock rails, swing out tire carrier with hi-lift attached and 2 5 gallon gas cans.
35" BFG Muds
Steel rims

What, you have a bum left knee? Lol!

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
97-06 TJ
Manual trans
Atlas t-case
gearing of choice
Tera passenger knuckle
Shortened Trackbar
35" BFG Muds
Steel rims

This sounds like it's describing someone's vehicle that you may or may not have experience with ;)

Reactions: StG58
This sounds like it's describing someone's vehicle that you may or may not have experience with ;)
Seems to me like he's describing the heaviest possible rig. With a knuckle that I believe prevents upgrading the brakes, so it doesn't stop for shit, and converts to a crossover steering style, very prone to death wobble. Worthless long arm lift of course. I suspect shortening the trac bar in conjunction with that knuckle creates some serious interference, somewhere, only known to @mrblaine, along with being just stupid. And when it comes down to it, an automatic trans pretty much trumps a manual at every turn, especially in the rocks. However that still will never convince me to go automatic anytime soon, for the record.

My worst ever build would be:

- 4 cylinder TJ
- Stock axles
- 37" tires (gotta be the cheapest brand you can get)
- 3.07 gears
- Skyjacker or Rough Country 6" long arm lift
- Light bars over the windshield, on the hood, and on the bumper
- High-lift jack mounted on the hood
- Multiple jerry cans mounted on the back
- Bumper mounted tire carrier with 37" spare
- Hard top (to add to the weight)
- Angry eye grille
- Halo headlights
- Tons of mismatching color accents

I'm sure I can think of more, haha.
You just hurt my feelings a little.... jk I don't have feelings lol and I love my halos

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
Seems to me like he's describing the heaviest possible rig. With a knuckle that I believe prevents upgrading the brakes, so it doesn't stop for shit, and converts to a crossover steering style, very prone to death wobble. Worthless long arm lift of course. I suspect shortening the trac bar in conjunction with that knuckle creates some serious interference, somewhere, only known to @mrblaine, along with being just stupid. And when it comes down to it, an automatic trans pretty much trumps a manual at every turn, especially in the rocks. However that still will never convince me to go automatic anytime soon, for the record.
Not the heaviest possible but I have seen that one. A friend had a TJ with every gadget known to man bolted onto it and when it was weighed, the rig was 6400 lbs.

No, what I described is what me and my helper call the typical internet build and we've seen a bunch of them so the list was easy. They do all that and then wonder why it struggles to get over the trails in Big Bear.

Why we think it is the worst possible build is there is a whole bunch of money and time spent and the end result doesn't reflect it with improved performance.