Would you buy a used Currie Currectlync steering?

06TJ35's

TJ Addict
So a used currie steering came up for sale at $250. He’s had it for about 3 years -and roughly 3,000 miles on a rig he only used to wheel. He said the joints are “tight”. Im thinking about passing and just getting the moog zj upgrade.

So a used currie steering came up for sale at $250. He’s had it for about 3 years -and roughly 3,000 miles on a rig he only used to wheel. He said the joints are “tight”. Im thinking about passing and just getting the moog zj upgrade.
Somethings you don’t buy used. Price might seem attractive but unless I knew the guy personally...nah, even then. Don’t f with used steering.

I'd be concerned about the joints. Last I looked they are about $90 each and you need three of them. That being said, I think I'd probably pass and just buy new.

$250 for the steering and the possibility of $270 for new joints? That's a brand new one right there:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003EM9F5M/?tag=wranglerorg-20

At least check it out. I'm running a used one. 3k isn't that many miles

He’s about a hour away so that’s 2 hour round trip. I would have been more confident in them if he used it on his daily. He had them on a dedicated trail rig. So I wouldn’t know how abused they are. If he was closer I would have definitely went to take a look.

Reactions: Rick Flair
He’s about a hour away so that’s 2 hour round trip. I would have been more confident in them if he used it on his daily. He had them on a dedicated trail rig. So I wouldn’t know how abused they are. If he was closer I would have definitely went to take a look.

And another question, what’s he replacing with? Full axle swap? There is no upgrade u less axle swap...

I bought mine used about 4-5 years ago. Didn't think twice about it.

Go look at it. If the ends are snug, then there is little reason not to go for it.

Tworley's and mine get more use than most "trail rigs" do. I would even buy his used and reused Currie steering.

I guess the only way to find out is by checking them out so I’ll be going tomorrow. In the county he’s in the beaches are open so it wouldn’t be a total waste of time.

Reactions: Rick Flair
My thought was whichever route you go, upgrading the steering linkage is a good move if you run big tires. I am really pleased with how mine drives, and I thought it drove really well before.

To me , there is no way to expect durability , which leads to bad performance , with stock components handling big tires. The tires most of us run don't weigh a little more, they weigh 2-3 times stock.