Would you buy a used Currie Currectlync steering?

None of the joints had play so I bought it. On my way home I also picked up genright aluminum corner guards with tramp stamp for $350 new.🙃

How does one check the joint's for play? A local guy just listed a used setup for $160, I tried to talk him down but he was pretty firm basically said there was 2 or 3 guys already lined up at $160.

I'm just wondering if there is a good way to tell if the joints/TRE's are good before I buy?

I would also like some thoughts on if anyone would go ahead and take a chance on having to replace a joint or two since the price is $160?

I'm surprised there were so many "pass" recommendations. Everything I've read about this system suggests they're pretty damn bulletproof. Would it really be expected for the joints to suffer significant damage and require replacing after 3k miles? Even on a trail rig, isn't that what the system is designed for?

I would have snagged one used if there were any market at all in my area. Good luck! My new one comes in next week and I'm super excited. (y)

id do it. I picked mine up for $ 25 (yes $25) and the ends are iffy, im buying both new ends for about 200 or so since they are like 90 each. Currectlync for 225 isnt a bad deal in my book

id do it. I picked mine up for $ 25 (yes $25) and the ends are iffy, im buying both new ends for about 200 or so since they are like 90 each. Currectlync for 225 isnt a bad deal in my book

Wow it's hard to beat $25. It's an easy decision at that price point.

Does anyone know of a way to check the ends? Is there a way to know for sure if the ends are good/bad?

Reactions: D M