Would you buy your Jeep again?

Yes, I'd buy mine again in a second. It is so easy to work on and so many mods and upgrades are available. Mine hasn't given me any trouble in 8 years.
My wife has been bugging me about a JK or JL for 5 years now... Nah...not interested.

0~3.jpg

IMG_20200710_175743.jpg

Yes, I'd buy mine again in a second. It is so easy to work on and so many mods and upgrades are available. Mine hasn't given me any trouble in 8 years.
My wife has been bugging me about a JK or JL for 5 years now... Nah...not interested.

View attachment 177389
View attachment 177390
Dude. Make us proud. Good job. I think I'd buy yours too.

Last edited:
Reactions: DuncLJ
honestly no. it took me too far down a rabbit hole that i need to find my way out of. im too far into parts to give up but its getting too expensive to follow through on the original plan. kinda wish i had have just gotten the truck my old man wanted me to and some other cheaper platform to mess around with for fun.

Absolutely.
I bought my LJ new in 2006. I actually had buyers remorse for a couple years after I bought it because the next year the 4 door model came out.
Knowing what I do now, I made a much better choice. Been daily driving it since.
A couple years ago i was thinking of getting a new JK, but decided to perform some maintenance on mine for a small percentage of the price of the new one, and now it drives like new.
No more DW and very smooth.

I've always subscribed to the buy once/cry once idea-

Bought my 05 LJR back in 2014. Have never regretted it, and in fact would pay today what I paid for it back then. (Which was a bit of a premium at the time) $17.5K with hard and soft top- 63K miles- and a super clean frame. I'd say it's still worth about that today.

IMG_2443.jpg

I would and did, exactly one month ago today. This Jeep is now my 17th and 19th. I bought my one owner, Texas raised Rubicon stock for $9500 from a retired Air Force guy in Washington D.C. The PO had every service record from day one and still had the window sticker. Around here that's a steal. I modded it the way I wanted to and after a year I needed the money to pay bills. I sold it for $14,000 and had a bunch of people wanting it. I backed out as long as I could, but finally let it go. One month ago the owner asked if I wanted it back (I told him if he ever sold it to contact me first). He told me since I built it he would sell it back to me for $9,000. He kept it in his garage and only drove it 1200 miles in the two years. I sold my 99' XJ on 33s within a week for $7,000 to get the cash before he changed his mind.
XJ 3 1 2020 best uhaul (2).jpg
The stipulation is that IF I ever sell it again, he gets it back for the $9,000. Deal was done and cash was paid.
RED RUBI (2) (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg
RED RUBI 4 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg
RUBI 6 25.jpg

Last edited:
I hope I can still be a part of this forum but I think I would have gone 4 door JK to start. I swapped the engine out anyway so that wouldn't have been an issue. Having the extra doors getting kids in and out would be nice, having a cargo area where I could actually put stuff in the back would be nice, power windows/doors is a creature comfort I would have gotten used to, bigger gas tank, longer wheel base for a better ride, etc. I still like the 2 door TJ look more but for practicality, I would have spent a little more for the JK, and would have gotten a Rubicon to get the 44s.

I hope I can still be a part of this forum but I think I would have gone 4 door JK to start. I swapped the engine out anyway so that wouldn't have been an issue. Having the extra doors getting kids in and out would be nice, having a cargo area where I could actually put stuff in the back would be nice, power windows/doors is a creature comfort I would have gotten used to, bigger gas tank, longer wheel base for a better ride, etc. I still like the 2 door TJ look more but for practicality, I would have spent a little more for the JK, and would have gotten a Rubicon to get the 44s.

Having a family of 4, I agree with this. At times I regret not buying a 2003 rubicon I looked at before buying the TJ I currently own (It would have been a steal but I couldn’t get past all the chrome and it was a black Jeep and it sat for over a year) but with that being said, yes and no I would buy my TJ again. I still prefer the TJ over JKU. It looks cooler and the old school nostalgic feel is what attracts me to it. But I literally can’t take it on trips due to lack of cargo space. Not a higher fan of JKUs either since everyone on the road has one but I can appreciate having 4 doors and some trunk space. If I went back in time, I’d pull the trigger on that TJ rubicon if I could but I can’t complain, my ole girl I currently have has been very good to me.

Reactions: Longhorn84
I would buy mine again. It has no rust. I didn’t know anything when I bought it. So, no rust was by pure luck. It was lifted with 33” tires. Thankfully, they did a good job and no wobble or any issues with the ride or steering at any speed, they didn’t regear. Again, luck. What I didn’t know was there was water in the rear differential. Which ultimately killed it in short order and put me on the path to a regear and ARB locker back there. It’s a Dana 44, again luck. Now that most of the issues are ironed out. I really enjoy driving it and has been pretty reliable. Nothing is perfect at that age of course.

Yup, I'd buy mine again. I'd had a couple CJs but was looking specifically for a 4.0 manual TJ. I looked at a LOT of them. Some in the $10k range that I had to travel a ways to see. I would get there, crawl underneath and insert a screwdriver thru the frame just above the skid plate. Many of these people had no idea that they had frame issues as they looked beautiful on top. I also ran into some real shady dudes, one guy showed me a receipt for a new frame that just got put in the TJ he was selling. It looked like it sat in the ocean for a few months, no way that thing was ever replaced. Mostly though it was just the average rotted framed TJ in the northeast I was seeing. On my way to the gym there was this black one that the price was so cheap on I was sure it was a 4 cylinder. I finally stopped and checked it out and it was a 2004 Sahara with the 5 speed, hardtop, and 153k miles. I crawled all over that frame and couldn't find any serious issues. This is in the North East so it had the front fender rust issues, a rotted windshield frame, and a couple small spots on the tub but nothing i was very worried about. The rear shock crossmember was the ugliest but not rotted. I called a friend of mine to come look at it too in case I was missing something, he couldn't find issues either. I took it for a drive and the vibrations were horrendous. Figured it could be u joints or a blown rear end. Brought it back and told them I'd think about it. Came back a couple of weeks later and decided to roll the dice and bought it. Turned out it had frozen rear u joints. Rides great now! I got it really cheap too. I didn't know all the ins and outs of em when I bought it, so when I found it it had a dana 44 rear with rear disk brakes and trak lok, I was very happy! I also didn't know that the sahara package basically meant optioned out, that was cool too. Later I learned about the TUPY head and I've got one of those too. All in all I don't think I could have bought a better jeep for me. I've bought new factory fenders for it, new windshield frame, and several other things so i'm throwing money at it. Eventually I think I'm going to do a frame off on it. Yeah, it's fair to say I like it a lot!

Reactions: SaharaKev
Yes, but would have gotten it with AC. I installed AC, but starting with it in place from the factory would have been best. I hate being hot and sweaty.

I think it should be illegal for a vehicle to come from the factory without ac.

Reactions: AMS417