Wrangler or Levi Strauss?

Ive got 2 pairs of levis left. The quality has gone down since HS (84). My wife bought me some Luckys and they are ok but light. My new go to are Mountain Khakis. THey are pricy, but they last.

I started to get wrapped around companies when they started getting political. When they did, I stopped shopping. After a couple of years, I was running out of places to shop/support. It comes down to either I refuse to change or the rest of the world is "woke" and I am still sleeping.

All I know is, if SHTF, I have powder, guns and land. If you dont have skills and are drama free, get off my grass.

I miss the days when companies just did what they did best and stayed above all the crap. Too many activists are pushing a company to pick a side.

I was happy to see P&G take a hit financially because of the drop in sales by Gillette. Im a wet shaver who uses a safety razor so I had no impact on them, but I was ready to get rid of all their stuff over that. I'm tired of being called a bad person because of my gender and or skin color.

Levi's never fit me, so I wore Lee jeans. Lee then changed their sizing and quality. I've been buying Duluth Trading jeans made of heavier cloth. After reading this thread, I might try Carhartt jeans. I have one of their jackets from the last century, and it's just getting broken in.

I second the American Eagle jeans. Variety of fits, colors, etc. The tiny bit of spandex in them makes all of the difference though. Stretchy jeans is where it's at, boys. First time I put them on it was like where you have been all my life.

Inexpensive and they look just as good now as what they looked 8 months ago when i bought them. Plus, they are headquartered in Pittsburgh.

I have not worn jeans for about 25 years, I stick with shorts or Riggs or Carharts...even walmart Dickies for work clothes. Cotton when it gets wet is just cold and miserable. I even wear shorts in the winter.

Reactions: Ericict
I still wear Levi's because I like the fit, but I agree the quality has gone down. The comments about the Gillette ad are interesting- I was asked to watch the responses of groups of people as they saw that ad. The "fag" and stop being a "pussy" generated the most heightened responses, which is not surprising. Nobody commented on it bashing men as a whole, just how rough those particular comments were. Personally, that patronizing crap from the watch company is worse. If you have to have somebody tell you you are manly to make you feel manly, you need to turn in your man card.

I don’t know anything about there politics but I love Duluth trading company fire hose flex cargo pants they can’t be beat. I first got them to work in. Now I have every color. It’s nice to be able to get to your wallet while you’re sitting down plenty of room for other stuff to. I’ve got 2 years on a pair with all kinds of grinding cutting and welding.

It's a shame that so many of these brands have cheapened their product over the years. I remember getting a pair of denim jeans when I was a kid, back before they prewashed them, and it seemed to take a year to break them in. You'd outgrow them before you wore them out. Levis had rivets on the belt loops and Lees had a leather patch on the waistband that you'd run your belt through. Now the material is thin and they just don't last very long. Now I prefer Carhartt products. I have jackets, coats, hats, shirts and pants and they all hold up well.

Does the Levi Strauss company get heavily involved in politics?

Lately these past few years I've been going out of my way to not buy from companies who get publicly involved in politics. Not that I ever bought Levi's to begin with, but it's nice to know I can continue to avoid them.

I don't give a shit who you vote for, but as a company, I don't want to hear about your politics personally. The moment you start talking about them is the moment I lose interest in your company.
AMEN!!

Reactions: Chris
I still wear Levi's because I like the fit, but I agree the quality has gone down. The comments about the Gillette ad are interesting- I was asked to watch the responses of groups of people as they saw that ad. The "fag" and stop being a "pussy" generated the most heightened responses, which is not surprising. Nobody commented on it bashing men as a whole, just how rough those particular comments were. Personally, that patronizing crap from the watch company is worse. If you have to have somebody tell you you are manly to make you feel manly, you need to turn in your man card.
The response ad wasn't about telling you you're manly, it's about showing certain risks and circumstances that disproportionately effect men, and that things aren't all peachy keen for men like some feminist's like to portray.

Men are killing themselves in record numbers and you want to trot out your "man card" BS that tells them to just bottle everything up til it's too late. Bravo.

Levis never fit me well. I have been big boned (fat bastard) my whole life. I certainly wouldn't buy thier commie pinko crap now.

I got one great pair of Duluth jeans before they "improved" the fit. Now I wear Dickies with Carhart shirts. Please don't let them go commie pinko fag. I will run out of clothes and burlap sacks are kind of itchy.

• Haha
Reactions: Tranz Zam and Hog
The response ad wasn't about telling you you're manly, it's about showing certain risks and circumstances that disproportionately effect men, and that things aren't all peachy keen for men like some feminist's like to portray.

Men are killing themselves in record numbers and you want to trot out your "man card" BS that tells them to just bottle everything up til it's too late. Bravo.
I don't advocate bottling up emotions and mental health issues, nor do I think that was Gillette's point either. As a society, and particularly for men, we do need to remove the stigma of mental health issues. I do see the belittling of young boys frequently who don't conform to the norms of masculinity. I think that is more to the point.

Reactions: GASnBRASS
I'll buy whatever fits well and is reasonably priced. I have levis and wrangler (plain, ol wrangler without the stitching on the pockets). I could care less who says what, I'm not listening to their crap nor do I intend to. Just where I draw the line that's all. Wearing levis won't keep me from going to the range or buying a gun so spew away oh threaded wonders... I won't hear it from my house.

I'll buy whatever fits well and is reasonably priced. I have levis and wrangler (plain, ol wrangler without the stitching on the pockets). I could care less who says what, I'm not listening to their crap nor do I intend to. Just where I draw the line that's all. Wearing levis won't keep me from going to the range or buying a gun so spew away oh threaded wonders... I won't hear it from my house.

It's all fun and games until you realize that they're taking the dollars you've spent on their products, and are funneling that cash into anti 2A parties and politicians.

Reactions: Hound Dog
Goodyear is #18 on the list of anti-2A companies according to concealedcarry.org No more DuraTrac's for us I guess? Google and Hooters is on the list, as is Costco and Buffalo Wild Wings.

Reactions: Big Green
Goodyear is #18 on the list of anti-2A companies according to concealedcarry.org No more DuraTrac's for us I guess? Google and Hooters is on the list, as is Costco and Buffalo Wild Wings.
Did not realize Goodyear is anti 2A. That helps with my next tire selection. Thanks for the info.

I can live without those companies. Sad, COSTCO will be hard to give up, but they have competitors and I have accounts with them too.

IMG_4752.JPG

Neither. I only wear duck double from Carhartt. The regular denim color isn't american made. These jeans last me 10 years of hard real use.

Here is non american made carhartts after 10 years of real use, for the money still held up absolutely awesome but the brown ones are the better jeans. It's literally all I wear.

IMG_4753.JPG