STICKY Wrangler TJ Factory Specifications

Does anyone happen to know if the Rubicon was made in Right Hand Drive? I don't think I have ever seen reference to one in the UK, the only Rubicons I have seen are imported Left Hand Drive ones. Just idle curiosity, but would be interesting to know.

I can't tell you how many times I referenced this info prior to deciding on an LJ. Thanks so much, and I can't wait to dive into other resources here.

Reactions: Chris
I can't tell you how many times I referenced this info prior to deciding on an LJ. Thanks so much, and I can't wait to dive into other resources here.

Glad it's been of use to you and others too (y)

Hi @Chris I’m looking at getting a set of front seats from an ‘01 sports for me to reupholster. Do you know if it’s the same seat as a Sahara? As in, is the foam seat itself the same or is the Sahara more plush? Just figuring out what would be the best donor seats.

Also, I’ve currently got Corbeau Moabs, and the seat belt is attached to the seat. Is that the same on ‘01 seats?

Last edited:
Hi @Chris I’m looking at getting a set of front seats from an ‘01 sports for me to reupholster. Do you know if it’s the same seat as a Sahara? As in, is the foam seat itself the same or is the Sahara more plush? Just figuring out what would be the best donor seats.

Also, I’ve currently got Corbeau Moabs, and the seat belt is attached to the seat. Is that the same on ‘01 seats?
97-02 seats are the same and 03-06 seats are the same. 👍

Transfer Cases

NV231 Command-Trac - 1997-2006

* Used on all TJs except Rubicon models
* 2.72:1 Low range
* Slip yoke
* Gear driven speedometer signal

NV241 Rock-Trac - 2003-2006
* Standard transfer case used on all Rubicon model TJs.
* 4:1 Low range
* Fixed yoke
* Electronic speedometer signal
New to this forum, but thank you very much for all your efforts Chris.

Dana 30 (181 mm) - 1997-2006
* Stock gear ratio options = 3.07, 3.55, 3.73, 4.10, 4.56
* Carrier break = 3.55 / 3.73

——————————————————————————————————-
Dana 44 (216mm) - 1997-2006
* Stock gear ratio options - 3.55 (97 only), 3.73
* Carrier Break = 3.73 / 3.92
Just want to make sure I'm reading this correctly. I have an LJ with stock 3.73 gears Dana 30/Dana 44. If I want to regear to 4.56 I will need a new carrier for the rear but not for the front? Looks like 3.73 is above the carrier break for the front and below for the rear.

Just want to make sure I'm reading this correctly. I have an LJ with stock 3.73 gears Dana 30/Dana 44. If I want to regear to 4.56 I will need a new carrier for the rear but not for the front? Looks like 3.73 is above the carrier break for the front and below for the rear.
correct.

Reactions: LincolnJr
Reactions: LincolnJr
The purpose of this thread is to layout a complete list of stock specifications found on the Wrangler TJ.

This information was gathered from several sources and is believed to be accurate for U.S. spec Wranglers TJ (it may not be accurate for foreign models). If you notice any errors or have additional information to contribute, please send a private message or an email to a moderator.

Thanks @Chris for this post. I come back to it all the time. Today I'm visiting it to find out about my stock alternator. Would that be an easy addition to the Table of Contents?

Thanks @Chris for this post. I come back to it all the time. Today I'm visiting it to find out about my stock alternator. Would that be an easy addition to the Table of Contents?

You're welcome.

I'm not sure where alternators fall into this thread and it's contents :confused:

It's more about trim levels, packages, options, etc.

You're welcome.

I'm not sure where alternators fall into this thread and it's contents :confused:

It's more about trim levels, packages, options, etc.
Understood. I’ll see what I can learn, and if it’s useful I will suggest an additional post for this table of contents.

Reactions: Chris
Did LJs come with specific size wheels
Or was that determined by trim levels also?

I have a 04 & a 05 unlimited and wanted to know what size tires and wheels were available.

Does anyone know if all TJs are pre wired for the rear wiper? I looked up the build sheet on mine and it came with a soft top from the factory but I just purchased a hardtop off FB. Just wondering what all I will need to make the rear wiper work?
Thanks