Wranglerfixed

Last week, I bit the bullet and ordered a Wranglerfix pcm with the tune for my LJR. Installed it today and so far, another satisfied customer!

I had all four H02S codes in my pcm illuminating the MIL. I tried all the recommended fixes and nothing helped. I blew out the primary cats on the way to a Jeep trip, so had to do an emergency cat delete which didn't add anymore dtc's to the pcm. This lead me to believe that the PCM was faulty. My setup feels slow as expected, but with 35's and 5.38 gears, I've never had to mess with the OD off switch. Anyways, swapped PCM's today, check engine went off, no more HO2S codes. I will say that it feels a little better down in the 2500-3000rpm range, but I haven't had much time to drive it today with the new pcm. I did drive far enough for the Check Engine light to come back on. Got home and checked the codes, and now it's a pair of catalyst codes that are due to not having converters at this time. So I'm happy that it's actually doing function checks on the pcm once again! I'm logging fuel mileage now so I'll report back in a few with my mpg's for better or worse and once I have some more miles on the tune!

Like many others here, I decided to update the tune on my existing WF PCM. It's been a few weeks since I got it back and in the TJ, so figured it's time for a review.

I'd had the original WF PCM for a bit over 4 years and ~20k miles and it's worked flawlessly, so when word came out that an updated tune was availalble, based on my experience with the original product and feedback from others who had gotten the new tune, I decided I needed to update/upgrade.

Dropped my unit at the post office on Mon 5/6. It arrived at WF 5/8 and I got a shipping confirmation it was being shipped back the same day - that's what I call a quick turn around!

The updated unit arrived the afternoon of 5/10 - so it went from AZ to FL and back to AZ in 4 days, including updating the tune. Great job, Mark and team! I even got a sticker. :D

After ~300 miles with the new tune:
  • Overall throttle response is significantly better - the butt/foot dyno says I need to give 25% - maybe even as much as 50% - less throttle to get the same response as I previously did. This applies both from a dead stop and while driving at any speed.
  • Shift points are greatly improved - both holding gears to much better/more efficient shift point, as well as downshifting at more appropriate points.
  • The combination of the two above mean I can get up to freeway speed without a downhill, running start, can pass when I want/need and have yet to want to turn off the OD in any conditions.
  • The TJ was already fun to drive, but is now more efficient/has more pep and is overall not just open-air/rugged fun, but a pleasant driving experience.
Great job @Wranglerfix Mark and team on a great product and excellent service!

20240510_140246.jpg

I really should send mine back for updates, sounds like a worthwhile improvement

Only downside is that my wife wants to drive the TJ all the time now... :LOL: We have to race to see who gets the keys first when we're going separate ways in different vehicles, but a plus in that she always wants to take it when we go somewhere together! 😎

@Wranglerfix this might be a dumb question but does your new PCM with the performance tune have the relearning abilities the stock PCM has programmed into it? At times the butt dyno does not feel the new performance and other times its drastically noticeable.

Only downside is that my wife wants to drive the TJ all the time now... :LOL: We have to race to see who gets the keys first when we're going separate ways in different vehicles, but a plus in that she always wants to take it when we go somewhere together! 😎

Mines not as interested in driving the LJ since she got her JLU

So, do we need call to start the ball rolling or is there an online form to fill out?

I just went to the WranglerFix website.

Main page: https://wranglerfix.com/product/jeep-wrangler-tj-replacement-pcms/

Fill everything in accordingly. If you already have a WF PCM and are just upgrading/updating to the new tune (05 and 06 only, I believe), about half way down that main page is a link for that.

Link for 05-06 WF PCM upgrade: https://wranglerfix.com/product/2005-2006-jeep-wrangler-tj-pcm-tune/

Will WranglerFix ever offer a Upgraded/Tuned PCM for a 1997 TJ 4.0 5spd?? If so, what performance benefits would be expected for a 1997 TJ 4.0L w/manual transmission? Would the Upgraded/Tuned PCM integrate with and improve performance based on specific Intake/Exhaust modifications?