Wrapped 2004 Wrangler LJ: purchase or stay away?

Thanks everyone for their responses. I only included some from photos from the listing so there are more detailed photos. I'm looking at it tomorrow. I found the place that wrapped the Jeep so asking if they have any knowledge of the paint's condition. As much as some love the bumpers, they will be one of the first things to go!

Pay attention.

Even if the paint was perfect, the wrap won’t come off and leave it unscarred is my opinion.

Plus, if you parked it in the woods in the fall you will never find it.

I don’t think wraps hurt paint or they wouldn’t be wrapping Bugatti’s as a joke.

I don’t think wraps hurt paint or they wouldn’t be wrapping Bugatti’s as a joke.

Ideally they won’t- but if factory paint was important I’d avoid it. Really a lot of variables- prep, sun, random adhesive batches being overly aggressive, tension on the base paint, adhesion of base paint to the metal and paint thickness and finish compatibility with the wrap come to mind.

the wrap won’t come off and leave it unscarred is my opinion.
When I removed the wrap from my car hood, the paint looked just as good as the day I installed it. :unsure:
Hyundai hood new2 (2).jpg

Hyundai hood (4).jpg

I'm looking at purchasing this 2004 LJ with 161,500 miles for under $13k. I would want to take off the wrap and go to its original color which was blue. The wrap was done in 2013 by the previous owner and the current owner has no pictures of the Jeep before it was wrapped. Could that mean the wrap is covering something major and I should stay away or could it be paint protected and a hidden gem? Just curious for y'all's thoughts.

View attachment 430351

View attachment 430352

View attachment 430353

View attachment 430354

If you determine that this is the Jeep for you, I wouldn't let the wrap deter you. I've seen many vehicles with wraps removed. All they do is heat it up with a heat gun or lamp and peel it off. If the paint was in good shape when it was applied it should be in the same condition when removed.
Good luck. I hope it's the one you are looking for.

Thanks everyone for their responses. I only included some from photos from the listing so there are more detailed photos. I'm looking at it tomorrow. I found the place that wrapped the Jeep so asking if they have any knowledge of the paint's condition. As much as some love the bumpers, they will be one of the first things to go!

Good. Them bumpers belong on a 75 dodge 2500, ugly and heavy as hell. And the millage is good, don't know why some think its high, something like a car dealer would say on trade-in time.

• Sad
Reactions: RINC