WTB: 03-06 TJ Khaki Center Console w/ Subwoofer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I realize I could just check the wrecking yards, but my hope is that someone out there has a khaki colored center console from an 03-06 TJ. I need the console with the subwoofer in it, though if you don't have the actual subwoofer itself, that will still be fine.

The kicker is that I'm looking for one in as close to perfect condition as I can find, as mine is really rough looking.

Thanks in advance!

Those things are so expensive. The lid on my 2006 console lid broke a while back and when I looked to buy the lid it was crazy expensive. Mine is the black one or dark slate. I never know which lol

Reactions: Chris
I’m able to find them in grey and black, just not Khaki. I wish someone like Crown made a replacement... the only other option is a tuffy console, but they are made of metal and look a little too boxy for my liking.

Why not rattle can yours? Did mine over the summer and still holding up. I'm sure you can find khaki color somewhere.

20170803_154103.jpg
20170803_172518.jpg

Why not rattle can yours? Did mine over the summer and still holding up. I'm sure you can find khaki color somewhere.

View attachment 28990 View attachment 28991
Not a bad idea... I didn't think about this. I was always iffy on how that vinyl spray paint held up. I figured it would just flake off after a month or so. Did you prep yours or anything?

If I could find some spray paint that matches, this might be a good idea!

Not a bad idea... I didn't think about this. I was always iffy on how that vinyl spray paint held up. I figured it would just flake off after a month or so. Did you prep yours or anything?

If I could find some spray paint that matches, this might be a good idea!
I lightly sanded it, then used etching primer then color. I used wheel paint since they don't chip as fast.

I lightly sanded it, then used etching primer then color. I used wheel paint since they don't chip as fast.

Okay, that's what I figured. Light sand, primer, then some high quality paint. The trick will be finding one that matches the khaki well enough. But yeah, this would do the trick perfectly, and I'd be happy as long as the paint stood up for a long time.

Okay, that's what I figured. Light sand, primer, then some high quality paint. The trick will be finding one that matches the khaki well enough. But yeah, this would do the trick perfectly, and I'd be happy as long as the paint stood up for a long time.
Even if it starts to chip or you accidentally hit it with something, cover up is simple. One trick I learned with small cover ups is, I use a Q tip, soak it with the color of choice and dab the spot till its all good. I always say, it's a Jeep not a Ferrari, lol.

Reactions: Chris
@Chris, have you checked any major hardware store, they usually have a wide range of colors. Check out Krylon Camouflage's color, pretty close to khaki.

@Chris, have you checked any major hardware store, they usually have a wide range of colors. Check out Krylon Camouflage's color, pretty close to khaki.

That's what I intend to do. I'll have to take a small interior part in with me and match it up to the top of the cans to see which one is closest. I also don't want a high gloss paint, it will need to be a semi-gloss or low gloss paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.