WTB 1.5 or 2.0" Seat Risers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMT

Just another auto...
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Anyone around here got any they want to part with? If so let me know. Don't want to spend $60, 30 is more what I'd hope for...Thanks

I am 5'6" and feel way low in the TJ. Hope this helps significantly. It's the weirdest thing about my TJ

It makes a huge difference. I am going to remove them from the drivers side though as I am 6'3 and hit my head on the side roll bar now. My GF is 5'2 and the reason I added them.

I am 5'6" and feel way low in the TJ. Hope this helps significantly. It's the weirdest thing about my TJ
For some reason jeep changed this in 2003. The 1997-2002 seats sit higher than the 2003-2006 seats. I want to say that my seat (2002) sits 1" or 1.5" higher. And I'm only 5'7" so the seat spacers will make your jeep feel a lot better.

I decided to order some Amazon Prime. Like $30. They are 1.25". Not sure that will be enough for me, the shorty. If they don't work, I have tons of 1.5" angle iron pipe. I might see if I can get it cut for free, drill the holes and buy new hardware. Save a few bucks, might be a fun project

I decided to order some Amazon Prime. Like $30. They are 1.25". Not sure that will be enough for me, the shorty. If they don't work, I have tons of 1.5" angle iron pipe. I might see if I can get it cut for free, drill the holes and buy new hardware. Save a few bucks, might be a fun project

1.25" will be fine.

For some reason jeep changed this in 2003. The 1997-2002 seats sit higher than the 2003-2006 seats. I want to say that my seat (2002) sits 1" or 1.5" higher. And I'm only 5'7" so the seat spacers will make your jeep feel a lot better.
That would be why my seats in my 2002 seem really high now with the spacers.

My daughter is 5'3" and with the same size spacers she says she sees perfectly fine. She hated it before. Well, not hate because, after all, it's a Jeep :-D

Reactions: Rob80x
Hate to bump an old thread but just in case someone else is looking for some. Like most of us we I had a skid plate drop kit on my Jeep until I could afford a SYE kit. I used my 1" skid drop spacers and put them under my seat. Worked great and the only expense was getting longer bolts for the seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.