1998-2000 Sahara w/ Tan Hardtop Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacw

I've been searching like a madman for a white sahara with a tan hardtop, but I'm also fine with green, red or silver with tan hardtop, Just not black. I'm looking for something around the $7k-$7.5k range. If anyone knows of anyone selling a jeep that meets any of this criteria please let me know! Thanks for checking this out ! :)

EDIT: Can't believe I left out that I'm in search of an automatic transmission as well.. LOL well thats it for the criteria thanks again for your responses.

Last edited:
I've been searching like a madman for a white sahara with a tan hardtop, but I'm also fine with green, red or silver with tan hardtop, Just not black. I'm looking for something around the $7k-$7.5k range. If anyone knows of anyone selling a jeep that meets any of this criteria please let me know! Thanks for checking this out ! :)

I’ll keep an eye out for you. I have a feeling you will be hitting the trails in Santa Clarita when you get your jeep.👌

I’ll keep an eye out for you. I have a feeling you will be hitting the trails in Santa Clarita when you get your jeep.👌

Hell yes! Can't wait man... and thanks for the info on the hardtop. If I found a jeep that was good enough price I'd go ahead and buy that for sure!

@Dweeb,
How about the Columbia edition I spotted on CL Santa Barbara? Not a hard top but a cool limited edition model. It's also a 2004 but @ $6K asking price, leaves you room for the hard top and extras......

Look under the For sale finds catagory I don't know if it is still available but if I were looking, it would be on the short list.

I also posted a real fixer-upper that's purple with a hard top for $1500 but I think it may have sold by now.....

If you like fixing Jeeps, I have a knack for finding the really abused & neglected ones here @ my Jeep rescue home.

I'll look for the one in SB thanks! Yeah I just liked the sahara's because of the paint matched fenders for the most part, plus the dana 60 doesn't hurt. The 60 came stock on 2000 saharas right? lol

I was going to go for this https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/burbank-2000-jeep-wrangler-sahara/6906449906.html

But he wouldn't budge off of 8.5k. I told him the gas gauge could potentially mean the fuel assembly which would mean I have to spend money right out the gate to get the gauge working, and the dent in the hood is minor but to fix that is another $400 at least for a new hood not including paint match. Plus it's a private party so a little more worrysome than a dealer for obvious reasons. Should I renegotiate around his 8.5? Idk

I think you might want to keep on looking for now. Wait for the perfect one to come on by. It also wouldn’t hurt to check what they have out by Vegas or Phoenix.

I think you might want to keep on looking for now. Wait for the perfect one to come on by. It also wouldn’t hurt to check what they have out by Vegas or Phoenix.
oh boy.. I flew to phoenix for a sahara with 81k miles.. He assured me everything was good so I flew out and after 10 miles the radiator blew up through the overflow tank, the "Mechanic" came out to fix it and just replaced the tank and radiator cap.. 5 more miles and it blew up again. Any mechanic would've known that wouldn't fix the issue. The real issue? A HOLE IN THE RADIATOR. Plus the entire engine was filled with stop leak and the radiator cores were completely clogged with it so the water pump was more than likely ruined as well. He offered me $350 off the total price which was a WOPPING $13,300 which i was going to finance. I ended up spending $600 on plane tickets, ubers, and lunch in pheonix... Never again ahaha

Reactions: 06TJ35's
oh boy.. I flew to phoenix for a sahara with 81k miles.. He assured me everything was good so I flew out and after 10 miles the radiator blew up through the overflow tank, the "Mechanic" came out to fix it and just replaced the tank and radiator cap.. 5 more miles and it blew up again. Any mechanic would've known that wouldn't fix the issue. The real issue? A HOLE IN THE RADIATOR. Plus the entire engine was filled with stop leak and the radiator cores were completely clogged with it so the water pump was more than likely ruined as well. He offered me $350 off the total price which was a WOPPING $13,300 which i was going to finance. I ended up spending $600 on plane tickets, ubers, and lunch in pheonix... Never again ahaha

Dam Mickey Mouse mechanic. I would have just replaced the whole radiator does not take long at all. What a bummer. Its like flipping a coin for cars that are out of our area. If you do end up finding a Jeep out of the area some of our forum members will look at it for you if it’s in their area. 13k that’s a lot.

Dam Mickey Mouse mechanic. I would have just replaced the whole radiator does not take long at all. What a bummer. Its like flipping a coin for cars that are out of our area. If you do end up finding a Jeep out of the area some of our forum members will look at it for you if it’s in their area. 13k that’s a lot.
Yeah, they were offering to change the radiator on the spot but after flying there and going through all of that I couldn't trust another word they said about how "mechanically sound" the car was... It was a major loss for me and a big upset at that. I guess for a mint sahara with lowish miles I'll have to dish out around 8.5k... It is what it is I guess.

Yeah, they were offering to change the radiator on the spot but after flying there and going through all of that I couldn't trust another word they said about how "mechanically sound" the car was... It was a major loss for me and a big upset at that. I guess for a mint sahara with lowish miles I'll have to dish out around 8.5k... It is what it is I guess.

Yea it seems like tj saharas are around 9k

those jeeps are nice, minus the jurrassic logo hahah. Yeah I guess I have to eat the fact that they sell for 8500 or 9k :/ damn these cars hold value lol

There are plenty of other Jeeps that are not Sahara’s that are nice and basically the same just not cosmetically.

There are plenty of other Jeeps that are not Sahara’s that are nice and basically the same just not cosmetically.
true, its just with them being older cars usually the fenders are a big deal for me as I'm not looking to mod this car like I did the JK I owned. I just want a reliable daily driver I could also have fun with on some easy trails. Some of your suggestions I will be looking further into though I appreciate your time and effort man! That jurrasic park jeep isn't too shabby!

true, its just with them being older cars usually the fenders are a big deal for me as I'm not looking to mod this car like I did the JK I owned. I just want a reliable daily driver I could also have fun with on some easy trails. Some of your suggestions I will be looking further into though I appreciate your time and effort man! That jurrasic park jeep isn't too shabby!

Yea problem. The Jeep for you is out there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.