WTB: Cummins 4BT Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albert hoffein

hey guys,

I am after a cummins 4bt. I have found some good used and reman packages here https://www.4btengines.com/ but not so sure at the moment. has anyone dealt with that company before? or would you recommend buying privately?

cheers guys

Albert,
I have the 4B-T in my CJ.

I bought it used, tested and run on a video from a guy who specializes in these things on ebay. He was featured in a magazine article as a source that the author obtained a good running complete repower solution for his Jeep, so after talking to the author about his experience I called Chad up and ordered EXACTLY WHAT configuration that I WANTED from him.

It came in a crate and had an SAE to Ford bellhousing adapter on it along with the turbo, air intake and alternator/fan belts etc already attached. I used the German made Ford ZF s5-42 5 speed transmission with granny low and double PTO. The D300 has an adapter spud shaft on it to mate up.

Here is the seller I bought from back in April/May 2016:

Chad McKinney LLC 513 446 9654

Chad is in Ohio, he will send you a youtube video of your engine running on the test stand with all accessories attached that you bought just prior to shipping it out with the particular package you went with.

All in price freight included was around $5000 to $5500 depending on the accessories, type of injector pump you want, what other accessories and bellhousing adapter you will need and if you get the transmission with the engine. Most of the time you won't do that because his transmissions are all 2-WD models and provide no provision for the transfer case to be mounted up.

My motor mounts are custom, the engine fits fine with lots of room and although it is almost twice as heavy as the old 2.5L four cylinder gasser, it has way more power and gets twice the MPG the gas motor was getting. It gets 11 MPG better than the 5.3L GM LM7 Vortec engine I had installed prior to the Cummins 4bt.

If everything is done right, you can see in the 30 MPG range on fuel economy. This is NOT UNOBTAINIUM with a well setup diesel if your axle gearing and tire sizes are matched correctly.

RR

Reactions: BugoutJeep
Status
Not open for further replies.