WTB: Factory TJ Subwoofer Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdub89

I recently bought a 2001 Wrangler Sport. I am interested in adding a subwoofer into my sound system. After research I found out a factory sub was an option. I am interested in buying an entire factory subwoofer setup. I need the console insert, brackets, and any wiring needed. I will be replacing the subwoofer, so the factory sub itself is not necessary. I really just need the console insert. Let me know what you have!!

Cheers,

Jeff

I would add a powered 8" sub under the front or back seat...will be easier and sound much better.
X2 @cliffish said it right. His advice would be cheaper and easier. Depending on the price you can find for a used console, I saw around 300 on ebay. Your probably better off upgrading to a tuffy console unit. Either way you will need to find an area to hide the amp. I bought a mini amp from kicker and just used up the storage space in my console. It is so small I never used it anyways.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002Y352XG/?tag=wranglerorg-20

If you don't mind losing the room a box in the truck would be fairly simple to incorporate. I have made sub boxes in the past and its fairly easy. (I have little to no wood working skills)

Sub I run.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BLVEZG6/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Amp
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0078G38YY/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I'd rather keep the stock console. I figure if I build my own box, I can hide the amp under the passenger seat and wire it to the sub right next door. Thanks for the input guys!

Remember the passenger seat has the factory bottle jack under it. Good luck. Post some photos when you get it in.

I recently bought a 2001 Wrangler Sport. I am interested in adding a subwoofer into my sound system. After research I found out a factory sub was an option. I am interested in buying an entire factory subwoofer setup. I need the console insert, brackets, and any wiring needed. I will be replacing the subwoofer, so the factory sub itself is not necessary. I really just need the console insert. Let me know what you have!!

Cheers,

Jeff
Hi, if you are still looking for the sub setup I have one to sell if you pay the freight from Oz.

I'd rather keep the stock console. I figure if I build my own box, I can hide the amp under the passenger seat and wire it to the sub right next door. Thanks for the input guys!

Seems like you want to keep the OEM look, nothing underseat or taking up interior space.

I read through that 8" build and at the end the guy said he wished he had more bass. I was thinking the same because at 8", in that location, the boom will be minimal relative to a typical 10", 12" or 15" placed in a proper location. So I think the time spent building that is just too much, and replacing the stock sub with a kicker 6.75" will give you basically what that 8" can give you.

So look for a used console or a tuffy. You can place the amplifier under the steering column instead of under a seat. You run the power wire through the firewall, there is a rubber grommet that the wire fits through. Then there are a few ground options as well, and all wires will be tucked away under the steering column.

Reactions: jdub89
Seems like you want to keep the OEM look, nothing underseat or taking up interior space.

I read through that 8" build and at the end the guy said he wished he had more bass. I was thinking the same because at 8", in that location, the boom will be minimal relative to a typical 10", 12" or 15" placed in a proper location. So I think the time spent building that is just too much, and replacing the stock sub with a kicker 6.75" will give you basically what that 8" can give you.

So look for a used console or a tuffy. You can place the amplifier under the steering column instead of under a seat. You run the power wire through the firewall, there is a rubber grommet that the wire fits through. Then there are a few ground options as well, and all wires will be tucked away under the steering column.

Very valid points. I'm still in the process of deciding my best route. Thanks for the input!! Still on the lookout for a stock sub box if anyone has one to sell!!

Are you wanting to buy a complete console? I have my 04 console with a blown speaker that I'm replacing with a Tuffy unit. I'd sell it but don't have a clue on price.

Reactions: jdub89
Status
Not open for further replies.